Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Top Gear

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

RIP Top Gear

A great show. There's no Top Gear without Jeremy, who owned a portion of the show but sold it to the BBC. So, laughing all the way to the bank is he, but the show will not survive without him.

Jeremy Clarkson to be sacked by the BBC

Jeremy Clarkson is to be sacked as Top Gear presenter after a BBC investigation concluded he did attack a producer on the programme.

Lord Hall, the Director General of the BBC, is expected to announce his decision on Wednesday after considering the findings of an internal investigation.

Clarkson, 54, will be thanked for his work on the hugely popular motoring show, but will be told such behaviour cannot be tolerated at the Corporation.

It is understood a report into the so-called ‘fracas’ at a North Yorkshire hotel, concluded that presenter spent 20 minutes verbally abusing producer Oisin Tymon, before launching a 30 second physical assault on him.

Cont:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cele...y-the-BBC.html
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

RIP Top Gear

I'd rather watch Tiff Needell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Clarkson's temper tantrums are well known. Looks like it finally caught up with him. BBC execs have hated him and his non PC positions and attitude for a long time, and we're probably over joyed to be given a reason to sack him.

Hopefully Netflix or HBO will pick up Clarkson, Hamster, and Captain Slow for a new car show. Imagine what they could get away with uncensored on a network not answerable to nanny state politicians.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    It's a sad day. Top Gear was far and away my favorite show on TV. I do hope someone else picks up the three.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    It's a sad day. Top Gear was far and away my favorite show on TV. I do hope someone else picks up the three.
    +1

Top Gear is literally the only television show I watch with any sort of regularity. I'm glad to see Hammond and May leaving it with Clarkson. I would absolutely refuse to watch May and Hammond with some other random dude on that show. Their camaraderie is what made the show work.

It did have to end sometime, so there's that. They were getting pretty old in this latest series, but it would have been really nice to see an over-the-top finale. That's about the only thing I am really upset about.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Clarkson's temper tantrums are well known. Looks like it finally caught up with him. BBC execs have hated him and his non PC positions and attitude for a long time, and we're probably over joyed to be given a reason to sack him.

Hopefully Netflix or HBO will pick up Clarkson, Hamster, and Captain Slow for a new car show. Imagine what they could get away with uncensored on a network not answerable to nanny state politicians.
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    This^

Maybe they'll do us a favor and cancel American Top Gear too.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    +1

Top Gear is literally the only television show I watch with any sort of regularity. I'm glad to see Hammond and May leaving it with Clarkson. I would absolutely refuse to watch May and Hammond with some other random dude on that show. Their camaraderie is what made the show work.

It did have to end sometime, so there's that. They were getting pretty old in this latest series, but it would have been really nice to see an over-the-top finale. That's about the only thing I am really upset about.
    That^

And now we probably won't get to see the P1 vs the 918 vs The Ferrari The Ferrari.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The other two have already stated they won't continue the show without him, so there you have it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Super bummer. Can't beat that Limey humor!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    The other two have already stated they won't continue the show without him, so there you have it.
    No surprise that, but good on them. They are smart enough to see the writing on the wall and the chemistry always seemed to strongly suggests they were all mates.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast