Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Older DD or Newer 6720

Feedback Score

Older DD or Newer 6720

I'm adding another AR to the family. used is as a general purpose, SHTF, HD backup carbine. I have two good choices at almost identical price points. One is an original Daniel Defense with the Savannah roll marks. The other is a colt 6720 with a 13 inch quad rail and low profile gas block well executed. the rifles are so similar and the amount of wear, which is almost none, so similar , it basically comes down to is either rifle inherently superior to the other? Your thoughts please? Thanks in advance

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I have a DD M4V1 with the Savannah roll mark. Been flawless through 2,000+ rounds using a wide variety of ammo. Extremely accurate as well. Is the DD a full DD rifle and not just the lower? If so, the DD all day long. The 6720 is meh at best.(subjectively)

Feedback Score
    Yes, all DD. Weight equalled out by slightly heavier rail on Colt. Heavier bbl on DD. Why 6720 men?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PrevailFI View Post
    Yes, all DD. Weight equalled out by slightly heavier rail on Colt. Heavier bbl on DD. Why 6720 men?

Meh, not men.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Not a fan of the lightweight barrel or the fact that the barrel isn't floating. It's less accurate than the DD. you'll have to drop money on the Colt to bring it up to par with the DD. Having typed that, if you don't need rails, floating barrel, or need a leightweight barrel, then the 6720 would probably fit your needs.

Feedback Score
    Colt has 13" ff quad rail and lo profile gas block. Thanks. Don't see why LW bbl less accurate unless faster loss because of heat under sustained fire.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'd buy a colt LT6720-R before either of those.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Yeah, well no one at my gun club has a used LT6720R- WTF for sale right now.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You can buy one from gunbroker for $1100
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PrevailFI View Post
    Colt has 13" ff quad rail and lo profile gas block. Thanks. Don't see why LW bbl less accurate unless faster loss because of heat under sustained fire.

I'm not crazy about LW barrels in general (there are exceptions) because of rapid heat buildup and flex. IMO where an LW barrel shines is close quarters work, clearing rooms and such. For this reason, I might lean towards the Colt. But Then again, the DD is one hell of a nice rifle and possibly a better choice because the weight is the same and because it should be more accurate under sustained fire. Also, DD quality and workmanship is worth considering. I guess DD gets my vote but I wouldn't feel bad owning either one. (Buy both. )
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast