Today is my first day of unemployment so I thought I'd celebrate with a morning rant.

The rules are clear-
To all concerned.

The custom build area is a place to show off/discuss and ask questions and get feedback about your completed custom build (this means a completed AR that is functional and already completed). If you are going to post pictures of your build, please post a complete picture not just your parts, partial lowers, etc....

Also, buying an upper separate and then a lower and throwing them together does not constitute a custom build. It would be nice if you took time to explain how you came to your decision and explain your set up. Thanks.

If you do not follow the guidelines and your post disappears it's probably because it was moved to the trash or deleted.
Yet we still get folks posting "What parts should I use for my future build?", "What mods should I do?", "Which do you think is cooler?" and "Hey, lookee what I got!" threads started in that forum all the time- all of which are clear violations of the ROE as written above.

Our mods to a good job keeping this place running smoothly and the trim painted, but I know they have lives outside the thankless tasks and can't stay on top of everything going on here without our help.

To the general population in general, I ask a few favors. First, if your custom build isn't complete and ready to shoot, if it's just slapping an upper to a lower, if you just want to know what handguard is the current favorite or if the stock makes your butt look big, post it somewhere else. If you cannot or will not explain why you chose the components you did and what you expect the rifle to do, post your new baby in the AR Photo Thread.

If you come across a thread that doesn't meet the ROEs as outlined by IraqGuns, give the OP a reminder or at least notify the mods. If the current ROEs don't match the current expectation of the Custom Build Forum or if the forum needs to go in another direction, then please, by all means, let's make the change. Because as it currently stands, the Custom Build forum has lost it's direction