Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Who here prefers a Revolver over a semi-auto?

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Greene View Post
    recently took the Revolver Course offered by ITTS and it was a blast (pardon the pun). It's been forever that i shot a wheelgun seriously, most of the time its just a few rounds here and there when at the range, but having to run it for speed and accuracy was a great time. I used my old trusty S&W 66 4" and we ran some old school LAPD drills to show how the old school generation was taught to fight with the revolver, then on to really using it. If you like revolvers I urge you to sign up for this and have a great time going old school.
    Uncle Scotty certainly knows his way around a pistol!

I can't wait for Volume II of his book, it's supposed to be out this year.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I bought my first revolver a month ago for my birthday, and I am absolutely in love with it. Inspired by the Chris Baker and his "The Greatest Revolver in the World" video, I picked up a S&W 66-8 with the 2.75" barrel (for the full length ejector). I would have loved to have found a pre-lock 3" 66, but in the end I'm glad I didn't because I just couldn't justify paying that much for a piece I am likely to CCW and open carry out in the forest. Other revolvers I considered were a Ruger Match Champion or a 19-4 4" (too pretty to abuse), but in the end I wanted something a little more concealable. I want something pinned and recessed next though.

I have run about 800 rounds of .38 and about 200 rounds of .357 (maybe a little less), dry-fired thousands of times, and she's finally broken in and running smooth. I am impressed with how quickly my DA skills improved, and I can confidently say that I run this gun surprisingly well.

While my P30SK LEM is not going to be replaced anytime soon, I would not feel under-gunned with my 66 loaded with some .38 +P high performance hollow-points and an extra speed loader in my pocket. I am waiting on my JM Custom holster to show up and I'll definitely carry it AIWB from time to time.
    Last edited by decodeddiesel; 04-09-18 at 14:36.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415