Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Who here prefers a Revolver over a semi-auto?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Human threat: semi-auto
    Bear: Revolver (44 mag or bigger 300+ grains pushing 1200-1300+ fps reaching 1100+ ft/lbs)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I really like the revolver DA action, very forgiving of mistakes or a change of heart.

Feedback Score
    For hunting or areas where the primary threat is animals, I'd look to my 686.
    For areas where the threat is humans, a semi auto.
    If I'm doing pocket carry (I normally don't) I'd look at a hammerless or shrouded hammer revolver.
    Last edited by cd228; 10-06-17 at 09:50.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    Couldn't have said it better. My J-frame gets as much use as all of my autos combined come summer time.
    Same here. My S&W 940 and an extra moon clip or two gets carried more than any other semi auto. Why?
    1. I like it.
    2. I have been carrying and shooting it for almost 25 years.
    3. Conceals easily.
    4. I like it.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Having spent over 2 months in a sling following shoulder surgery my often carried SW 38 special has fallen in favor to any of my Glocks. Too hard to reload! The semiautomatic with just one inserted magazine has been far more reassuring than the snubbie.

Feedback Score
    The .44 Rem Magnum is my go-to, easy to reload, easy to get components, easy to go from 700 fps to 1150 fps...

Not powder finicky, cast, JHP, doesn't matter, large enough for my club like fingers, don't need f$%&(#$ tweezers to work with it.

If you can't kill it with a 250 grain hard cast slug going 1150 fps, you need a rifle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shotmeshotu View Post
    i love revolver, they are manual/mechanical, as long as you oil and take good care of them they will serve you right, i love the Caliber and everything,
    Plus Russian Roulette wouldn't have been possible without revolver but :

THEY TAKE TO DAMN LONG TO RELOAD !!!
    Ya just gotta carry two. Or a small auto for backup.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Ya just gotta carry two. Or a small auto for backup.
    Jim Cirrillo style- carry two Model 10's.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    I used to do a lot of Jeeping out in the wherever on the west coast and I carried a Ruger Security Six .357 6" with improved sights and grips. Then I read an article (can't remember whose) that basically said that something like 95% of the time that a firearm was used/needed in the wild is was against a 2 legged critter in stead of a 4 legged critter. It got me to thinking about my choices. I love the .357 however I opted to go to a .45ACP Glock G21 - w 3 13rd mags. Carried that for years and still have it. I have fired thousands of rounds through both (currently daily carry a Glock G30S daily) and, although I love the Glock, and am very comfortable and competent with it I am better with the Ruger. Always have been. Not more comfortable just better. That being said, like I said, my daily carry is a Glock G30s but my "go-to" gun in the Jeep, away from it all, is the Glock G21 with an AR in the Jeep JIC.
    Last edited by jrd; 01-19-18 at 11:48. Reason: Additional thought

Feedback Score
    I live out in the boonies. I never heard anyone say a revolver was the way to go in combating animals. What animals? Are we talking racoons, skunks, coyotes? Sure, the little stuff can probably be scared by the discharge of a firearm. But would you go up against two wolves with only a handgun if you had a choice, or a black bear? I cannot even believe anyone would prefer any sort of handgun in case of a problem with a brown bear. A guy shot a mountain lion not too long ago which had killed his dog on his property. He used a hunting rifle.

I was always told a revolver is more reliable and a hammerless revolver is less likely to get tangled up in your clothes (or purse for women). If we are talking self defense at 0-15 feet, why not?
    Last edited by Dr. Bullseye; 01-19-18 at 12:26.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast