Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Who here prefers a Revolver over a semi-auto?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttwwaack View Post
    No Rugers especially the hybrid steel tupperware monstrosity...
    I just took delivery of a 3" LCRx in .38 Special. It's my first/only revolver (I have a half-dozen semi-autos).

I think it's super, and the women in my life like it, too.

I'm going to add it to my CCW...

Feedback Score
    I hate to admit that my EDC is a S&W 642-1 in an Aholster Backbone pocket holster. I usually throw a speed strip in my back pocket. I really enjoy shooting and training with the 642. The Apex Duty/Carry trigger kit helped with that.

I love my G19 carried AIWB in an RCS Eidolon but for sitting at a desk most of the day it is just too uncomfortable. I need to try some other holster options for the G19 but for now the j-frame is my go to for work days.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Revolvers require a bit more training/practice than most might think but if I were going for full precision; I prefer a revolver.

I have a couple interesting wheelguns that are pretty niche. Esp. my .44 if I go trekking on a hike.

All else being equal a G19 or most modern autopistol has the edge on capacity but a well done trigger job on a pre-lock Smith is really something else.

Not much you cant handle with a 686 or a model 27 and some good ammo.

That said, my unicorn is a pre-lock 610 10mm.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I think a lot of folks have just never experienced a well-tuned Smith trigger and would be pleasantly surprised by its capabilities. That’s been my experience when I let others shoot my 642 with a Bowen Classic Arms trigger job. I carry this revolver a lot in warmer weather or other occasions when concealment is more difficult. I don’t feel unarmed with 135 gr Gold Dots and a speed strip or two.

I still think that a big-bore revolver is the correct choice for woods carry, at least where I live along the northern border. I am flirting with the idea of of a Glock 20/RMR combo as they are very popular around here. Popular enough to make me wonder if I’m missing something.

Feedback Score
    I like a revolver. Very little can compete with a 4" or 6" Python or nickel plated S&W.
    NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member
    Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
    Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
    A pistol without a round chambered is an intricate paperweight.
    Stop trying so hard to be offended.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Oh for sure, esp. if there are bear about. I know some people will chance it with a 10mm and it's good for medium beasts but for a bear you want that .44.

Same with the Desert Eagle bunch. I don't trust DEs that much. Some work better than others and I dont trust the inconsistency.

My 6" Anaconda or my 8" 629 however I trust implicitly.

Sadly I dont get to go trekking so much lately, but thats what I tote.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Revolvers require a bit more training/practice than most might think but if I were going for full precision; I prefer a revolver.

I have a couple interesting wheelguns that are pretty niche. Esp. my .44 if I go trekking on a hike.

All else being equal a G19 or most modern autopistol has the edge on capacity but a well done trigger job on a pre-lock Smith is really something else.

Not much you cant handle with a 686 or a model 27 and some good ammo.

That said, my unicorn is a pre-lock 610 10mm.
    If I had all of the pre-locks I've owned, 547's, 625's, 27's, pre 29, 24's, custom shop Centennial's and 13's! My last deer killed with a pistol was with a 610 with heavy hand loads. In the 1990's my duty weapon was a 625 with full moons.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by seb5 View Post
    If I had all of the pre-locks I've owned, 547's, 625's, 27's, pre 29, 24's, custom shop Centennial's and 13's! My last deer killed with a pistol was with a 610 with heavy hand loads. In the 1990's my duty weapon was a 625 with full moons.
    Slick pile.

Cool points for 625 as a duty gun.

One day, I will find a good 610. S&W did a brief run 10 years back but I want that pre lock.

10mm is the only specialty round I dont mind dabbling in and keeping ammo on hand.

Feedback Score
    I have a 586 L Comp Pre-Lock. I think it's one of only 400 ever made. It's nice and it has factory moonclips and a front night sight.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    recently took the Revolver Course offered by ITTS and it was a blast (pardon the pun). It's been forever that i shot a wheelgun seriously, most of the time its just a few rounds here and there when at the range, but having to run it for speed and accuracy was a great time. I used my old trusty S&W 66 4" and we ran some old school LAPD drills to show how the old school generation was taught to fight with the revolver, then on to really using it. If you like revolvers I urge you to sign up for this and have a great time going old school.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast