Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Who here prefers a Revolver over a semi-auto?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Typically a revolver is much lighter and easier for me to carry. Further, it is safe to carry under all conditions and does not even absolutely require a holster. So, for everyday wandering around a revolver is much more convienent for me. For beside the bed duty I run a full size autoloader.
    Better than my response.

Feedback Score
    I prefer a revolver to a semi auto. I can't explain it but picking up a 4" N frame S&W or Ruger Redhawk is like shaking hands with an old friend. I shoot a 1911 or even tactical Tupperware better but still prefer to carry a real revolver, with a speedloader and a speed strip.
    Last edited by Gunnar da Wolf; 08-02-15 at 20:45.

Feedback Score
    Seems like we just did this one...

Anyway, IMO lightweight revolvers make great, fast drawing pocket guns.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    So you guys have confirmed my theory. That mostly individuals carry and use revolvers for large predator protection.
    Yes and no. They also work very well as a general purpose field gun even when large predators arent the main issue. Most of my revolvers have been capable of shooting much tighter groups than any of my autos, and are easier to shoot well for me. The old saying about being able to use a variety of loads from round balls or wadcutters on up to full power stuff does have some validity and utility.

Feedback Score
    My carry guns are a Kimber Tactical Custom HD and or a Glock 21SF with grip reduced.If I could find a suitable holster I would carry my S&W M25 45LC with 4"barrel.

Feedback Score
    I LIKE a revolver, the same way I like driving my 69 GTO with Muncie four speed.

But a SA is my everyday gun like a Challenger RT or such is my everyday driver.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I really, really like shooting my revolvers. If my semi-autos were made unavailable I would still be comfortable. But my single stack 9mm auto carries lighter, holds more ammo, the spare mag is slim and reloads faster.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If I were to ever get a revolver it would be one of those single action types from the frontier days. It would be a real plus if it had some history to it as well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HighDesert View Post
    With a toddler in the house I largely stopped carrying my Glocks with one in chamber (after carrying this way my entire life) - flame on, but the odd are vastly greater of an accident at home than me getting jumped and needing those extra few seconds to rack. I will chamber when I am in a situation where it makes sense (going out at night).

With that said, I've carrying my 642 a lot lately due to one always ready yet the pull weight is over 10 pounds.
    Not only do I not see a damned thing wrong with this...I commend you.
    As for preference, no..I PREFER my Glocks...BUT in no way feel under gunned or incompetent with revolvers. Love them. There will always be a place for them in my inventory!
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 08-09-15 at 12:38.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I prefer using my Colt 1911 as my all purpose pistol. My wife on the other hand prefers the simplicity of a Ruger SP101 as her go to gun on the nightstand. Her frustration with trying to speed reload it reached a point bordering on PMS. Simple solution, she bought another one as back-up!

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast