Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Who here prefers a Revolver over a semi-auto?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jaholder View Post
    My semiautos go to the range and are EDC.
    This. I never find a good use for my revolver

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I am much more of a semi auto fan, and usually carry a 9MM CZ-75. However, when I lived in Colorado, and used to camp and hike in the mountains, I'd carry the only revolver I have, a USFA SAA in .45 Colt. I reload, and have a nice 250 grain hard cast bullet going 950 FPS. I like single action revolvers for whatever reason, and may get a Ruger Blackhawk at some point.

Feedback Score
    Carrying a revolver is like wearing a fedora.

In all seriousness, maybe with a moonclip conversion.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 09-14-16 at 19:14.

Feedback Score
    I practice both so I can have options. Preferably, I go with my 442 and 640.

As long as something doesn't have an external safety, I don't care.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I carry a semi-auto for a living (LE) and carry one off-duty. But, the last couple of years I have kind of rekindled my interest in revolvers. I'm a handgun hunter, so I've used them for hunting; Super Redhawk, Super Blackhawk and Blackhawk. Last year I also picked up a 4" GP100 and 2.5" SP101. I have to admit, shooting all those revolvers is a lot of fun.....and I don't have to pick up brass!!!!

Feedback Score
    I don't "prefer" revolvers but I enjoy them in a way that I don't enjoy most semi autos. There is a pleasure to handling, carrying, and firing a revolver that the typical striker fired semi auto just lacks, completely. Obviously, it's like apples to oranges.

I like the versatility that a "manual" firearm offers, allowing for a variety of ammunition choices, for the most part. Mostly, I really like a smoooooth double action and a crisp single action trigger break. Few semi autos approach that level of mechanical excellence, mainly for economic reasons.

When it comes down to the bottom line, proficiency, programming, and mindset are probably more important for most of us than which platform we choose, but there are clear advantages to higher capacity, lower weight/bulk weapons.

Anyway, here are a couple of my .45s:

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Nice pair bugs.

The ability to use varied power levels of ammo is a strong suit of revolvers.
    Like your pair above can fire +P Colt and Black Powder equivalent, low pressure loads in the same cylinder.
    I prefer to hunt with iron sighted, N frame revolvers- if the situation/circumstance permits.

Feedback Score
    I like both and have quite a few of both but when it comes to CCW I carry a revolver about 80 percent of the time and various auto's the rest of the time. For the past 6 or 7 years it has been my S&W 327PC eight round .357 mag in an OWB holster or sometimes a horizontal shoulder rig.

Last edited by MadDog; 01-17-17 at 16:10.

Feedback Score
    For the most part, I've been carrying a snubby revolver for fifty years. I've hunted with a 44 magnum revolver and use a semi as my nightstand gun.
    US NAVY
    1961-1965

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I prefer semi autos but for woods carry I do have a USFA SAA 4 5/8 inch in .45 Colt. It is my only remaining revolver, and I prefer single action revolvers in general.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast