Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Who here prefers a Revolver over a semi-auto?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post

I recently decided that my Ruger LCR is better for pocket carry than belt carry. ISWB just isn't the way to go with a revolver. The cylinder adds to much width and makes it uncomfortable, as well as adding a budge when tucking a shirt.

I appreciated the light weight, but OWB would be more appropriate for belt carrying a revolver imo.

I spent $65 on a nice hybrid holster, too.
    Fast forward 8 months for an update: My ISWB hybrid holster needed some breaking-in, adjustments and altered placement. But it's comfortable now. I also have a Mitch Rosen OWB holster coming for it and I think it's going to work out great.

If so, it may become my lightest concealed carry duo; a belted LCR and a pocketed LCR. (and if I'm feeling that optimistic a couple speed strips, too)

Feedback Score
    Revolvers have a valid place in the world. For the average person who buys a gun, loads it, and puts it in the dresser drawer, it is probably the best choice.
    I carry Austrian plastic for work and when off duty, but the house gun is a 4" M10 Smith. My bride has enough hand strength, despite her disability, to cycle it six times. A bottom feeder would most likely not work for her in an emergency.
    I foresee revolvers becoming my primary carry when I retire and travel to restricted states. No ridiculous magazine restrictions to deal with and the bride can operate them in an emergency.

Feedback Score
    Semi Auto pistol for me because it has an upper hand against revolver which can only fire 6 round until its reloaded. talking about reload it is too slow for me.
    a revolver and a Semi auto in a gun fight....the semi auto pistol has the upper hand.

Feedback Score
    Pocket pistols the revolver has the upper hand. Faster out of pocket than the 380, 5 rds of 38+P on target more effective than 7x 380.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I presently carry a SIG P225, an 8+1 round 9mm with spare mag. Small, reliable but large enough to shoot well. But for what I do, which is mostly driving right now, I want to either break contact and drive off or un-ass from my car in a hurry. All my valuables are carried on my person for this purpose. I am really interested in the new Colt Cobra, I think it would do well in this duty. My thumbs forward grip on the SIG causes the slide to not lock back most of the time, especially strong hand only.

Feedback Score
    I pocket carry a Ruger LCR 327 Federal Magnum 6 shot. When in the woods, it's a S&W Model 10 3" loaded with Buffalo Bore hard cast.
    US NAVY
    1961-1965

Feedback Score
    Revolver over semiauto...no. Mr Glock/Sig/HK Walt win out every time.

Feedback Score
    Life time revolver nut. I grew up with a grandfather who was a marine in the Korean war, he hated plastic and mostly any semi that wasn't a 1911. So I grew up shooting revolvers and I still love them. But later in life I did find some love for a glock 26, my poor grandfather would be rolling in his grave (until he learned that you could tech the whole gun with a punch). I shoot revolvers better, I enjoy them more, and I think of myself as a revolver guy.

That said, I find myself carrying my 686 half the time, and the glock 26 the other half. Mostly because the glock is lighter and my back wakes up a lot more sore than it used to.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I'm just getting over some surgery, can't realistically carry anything on my belt waist, so a MP340 with Speer GDHP 135gr+P short barrel is my pocket carry. Bulkier than the LCP, but I think 5 shots of the Speer to be superior to 7 or 8 with the LCP. Slower reloads for sure and I would prefer to have my G19, but Docs orders right now after some GI surgery, with several entry locations.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I love revolvers. The old Smiths and Colt's are works of art. They're great for demonstrating to new shooters what flinch is. Load the revolver for them but leave one out. There's no better way to demonstrate. As a reloader, there's no chasing brass and I feel safer loading up some nuke loads. Bullet profile is more forgiving also and semi-jacketed works well on target. I frequently drop a 642 in my pocket when going out.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast