Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gunsmith In Fort Worth and Gun Range

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)

Gunsmith In Fort Worth and Gun Range

Just moved to the Fort Worth Area and I need a good gunsmith to pin a brake on a AR Barrel. The North side of town would be the best.

I am also looking for some good ranges in the Area. I would prefer outdoor and some with some descent long range stuff also.

Thanks
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Just moved to the Fort Worth Area and I need a good gunsmith to pin a brake on a AR Barrel. The North side of town would be the best.

I am also looking for some good ranges in the Area. I would prefer outdoor and some with some descent long range stuff also.

Thanks
    I just moved to the DFW area as well. Here is what I have figured out in the month I have been down here.

Depending on exactly WHERE you are there are 2, maybe 3 ranges that are decent.

ETTS down in Waxahachi: steel to 1200 yards, ~450 yard unknown distance steel range, 200 yard target range, 4 AR bays, 8 pistol bays. Said he was going to start working on a shotgun(trap/skeet type) range I believe. Super nice facility. Not to many rules(dont shoot yourself and others, no 50 cal). $600 a year. Lots of ancillary events that go on that are free or cheap for members, competitions every weekend, etc... Im going to join this range.

VX Marksmanship in Decatur: never been, but they say they have a 1k yard range. Got to be a training client to shoot there. This turned me off.

TacPro in Mingus: again havent been out there. Has a 1k yard rifle range(have to qualify to shoot beyond 600 I think it is), pistol, etc... No real great description of their range. Never called on pricing, but heard 200-300 yearly.

Beyond that, there are a few 100 yard outdoor ranges(boring) and one that goes to 200(boring). Most everything around is indoor pistol ranges(boring). Ive shot shotguns at Elm Fork a few times and going next Saturday to shoot sporting clays. They have a real nice facility, but their rifle range is only 100 yards.

As far as a smith for your AR, I will allow somebody else to help you out on that. I am sure there IS one. Might call up SilencerShop down in Austin and see if they have any recommendations.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post

Thanks
    I know a good guy for the brake work, but he's all the way over in Princeton. I'll ask about somebody closer.

Isn't there a distance range called Quail Creek (or something like that) out by Alliance?

And welcome to Cowtown! I hope you love it.

Feedback Score
    If you're looking for precision rifle shooting, maybe look up the Texas precision rifle club. They have monthly matches for the north section.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I know a good guy for the brake work, but he's all the way over in Princeton. I'll ask about somebody closer.

Isn't there a distance range called Quail Creek (or something like that) out by Alliance?

And welcome to Cowtown! I hope you love it.
    Thanks. After moving several times all over the State I think we are settled in......

I just looked up Quail Creek and it is about 15 minutes from me and looks like exactly what I was looking for. Thank you

Found another post about Gunsmiths in the area and will look them up.

If anyone comes up with a good one please let me know.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    After you get all the moving boxes in the right rooms, head over to Roanoke for some BBQ at Hard 8, or some chicken fried steak at Babe's Chicken Shack.

Delicious!

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    After you get all the moving boxes in the right rooms, head over to Roanoke for some BBQ at Hard 8, or some chicken fried steak at Babe's Chicken Shack.

Delicious!
    I have been going to Babe's in Granbury for years......do they even serve anything besides Chicken fried steak?.......

I will check out the BBQ. I am a huge fan of Angelo's. That place is epic.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Yep, the CFS at Babe's is epic, but their yardbird is great as well.

Angelo's is definitely good stuff. Be sure and visit Joe T Garcia's for Mexican food in Fort Worth. It is a cultural mecca of Texas.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm a recent transplant as well. Quail Hollow is good. Their range officers are cool.

Roanoke is great for taking a break and eating lunch - hard 8 is a meat fest!!! I am still in search for a smith and shop to throw money at.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I hang out in North Central Texas, sometimes. I have worked around Quail Creek, but haven't ever been there to shoot. Quail Creek is the place that person shot a .50 cal, and the round ended up hitting someone in their camper at the Texas Motor Speedway, quite a few years ago.

I don't know of any smiths in the area, for pinning. I would sent it off, if it were me.
    Last edited by TXBK; 08-01-15 at 23:10.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast