Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: First AR - BCM Mid Length Upper and Spike's Lower. Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I've got a BCM upper on a Spike's lower (bought it as a stripped lower and put my own parts in it) and haven't had any issues. It's actually my "go-to" rifle and hasn't given me any issues. All told, I have 4 Spike's lowers that were bought many years ago and have been built up in a similar fashion (stripped lower, put my higher-end parts in/on the lower) and the only issue I had was on one lower the front trigger guard hole was out of position for the KAC trigger guard I was going to put in it (could have been the TG, could have been the lower). Threw a Magpul TG in there and had no further issues.

That being said, if I were going to do it all over again with the way prices have come down since I first started building, I'd probably just order a BCM lower and be done with it.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    My wife wanted a full color fill Spike's AR. I picked up a complete lower from Primary Arms and the upper from BCM. I added B5 Sys keymod handguard, BCM pistol grip and buttstock. Made for a good looking light AR package to suit her wants.

POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Read and learn from this forum. Don't waste money on a spikes lower. The BCM blem lowers (I've bought many and have yet to find a blem) is a great deal as it includes a qd sling mount and gunfighter stock.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Not sure why you would want to put a BCM upper on a Spikes lower when you can just get a BCM for less. Am I missing something?

I thought about purchasing the BCM Mid 16 Mod 2 but decided I wanted a rifle without a front sight. At first, the Spike's appealed to me because of the Magpul furniture already installed. After reading a bit more reading here I'm now thinking about getting a stripped lower and building it myself with Daniel Defense parts. I'd pair it with this, http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-B...h-ddlii-12.htm

Sadly, I've never seen a BCM rifle or part in person where I live. One particular store close to where I live stocks a lot of AR's, including some nicer brands like Daniel Defense and Colt. The salesmen there tell me those rifles collect dust while DPMS, Del-Ton and Bushmaster fly off the shelves.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Read and learn from this forum. Don't waste money on a spikes lower. The BCM blem lowers (I've bought many and have yet to find a blem) is a great deal as it includes a qd sling mount and gunfighter stock.

I've decided against the Spike's lower. My initial interest in them was the fact that I could find them locally for fair prices. Daniel Defense parts are the only top tier AR brand parts I can find nearby.

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltherBCM View Post
    I've decided against the Spike's lower. My initial interest in them was the fact that I could find them locally for fair prices. Daniel Defense parts are the only top tier AR brand parts I can find nearby.
    What is your location?
    Owner/CEO
    Light Tac LLC

Owner
    Mutiny Arms LLC

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with a stripped Spikes lower.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by djegators View Post
    What is your location?

Omaha, NE.

Feedback Score
    I've also done business with G&R and had no complaints.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    New here but not to ARs. What is wrong with Spikes lowers? I'm as big a BCM fan as the next guy and have one of their lowers as well as a Spikes, but frankly aside from the rollmark they are EXACTLY alike.

Is there something I should know about Spikes lowers?

But then, I googled the Spikes rollmark and see "it", but still see a spider when I look at it so maybe I'm just weird.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast