Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the best .22 on the market?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Ruger 10/22 and S&W 15-22 for semi-auto rifles, Ruger Mark II or III and Browning Buckmark for semi-auto pistols. In bolt rifles, CZ and Marlin are tough to beat at their respective price points. As stated, rimfirecentral will give you more than you ever wanted to know on .22's.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Definitely check out rimfire central. The 10/22 is hard to beat and the go to for an auto .22.
    There are other good plinkers out there that are a bit cheaper though. The best part of the 10/22 is the after market parts are endless.

I just bought one of rugers American rimfire bolt actions and have been amazed by the accuracy of it. It has brought me back into rimfire again. Its been a hot seller, cant wait for the aftermarket scene to come around for it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rcoodyar15 View Post
    I have a browning .22 takedown that I bought in 1968. Sent it back to browning to restore. Now it looks like the day I bought it. Wanted it to be something my grandchildren would be proud to have. That gun has a million miles and no telling how many bricks of .22's through it. As a kid I carried it everywhere.

Still want one of those Kidd 10/22's though.
    Im in the middle of a Browning takedown restoration myself. Got to get all new furniture and new barrel threaded for suppressor.
    Great backpack gun for camping. Light weight, compact, and very accurate.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    Im in the middle of a Browning takedown restoration myself. Got to get all new furniture and new barrel threaded for suppressor.
    best place I have found for parts

http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/...le-gunsmithing

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rcoodyar15 View Post
    Yup, they got everything for a browning. I got new barrel from them but they said they couldn't thread it, so now I have to send off for threads. Eventually I finish it... Eventually.

As far as 22lr pistols go, I like the ruger 22/45 and grew up shooting buckmark. Highly recommend buying both.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    I don't want to rain on your parade, but I had a Browning Auto-22 TD. I had it threaded thinking the bottom ejection would make it quieter at the ear. It was WAY louder than my threaded 10-22 with the same length barrel. They're beautiful rifles and IMO, don't get the attention they deserve. However, I sold mine because as a suppressor host, it made me sad.

Here are my .22 suppressor hosts now:

I'm extremely satisfied with all three. (The FV-SR now wears a Boyd's laminate stock for a better cheek weld & less forend flex)
    Last edited by glocktogo; 08-08-15 at 10:25.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've heard that and am fully aware of less than stellar suppression. But still want to do it.
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    Smith and Wesson makes some very good .22s
    I've got a 15-22 and an m&p .22 pistol. Both have run flawless for me. Replaced my walther p22 with the m&p .22 and couldn't be happier. Cycles everything I've put through it which I couldn't say for the p22.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My favorites are:
    1. The Sig 522 - Great rifle that is well made including a high quality aluminum receiver and chromed bolt. Magazines are easy to find and it seems to shoot anything I put in it. I put a Primary Arms Micro RDS on an ADM mount. The rifle is tits.

2. Ruger 10/22 - I like the Take Down model, it seems to shoot just as accurately as the standard 10/22. I put 2-7 VX2 on it.

3. Ruger Mark II pistol stainless. This thing shoots really well and is reliable as the sun.

Those are my favorites.

Feedback Score
    As an Appleseed instructor, I have seen thousands of .22 rifles on the firing line over the years, in an environment where they get shot a lot and get hot and dirty. The ones that consistently run well under these conditions are the Ruger 10/22s. The M&P 15/22s had some major teething problems when they were first introduced. All three that showed up on the firing line that year had extractors break on the firing line. It seems S&W has gotten them sorted out, and all the ones I've seen in the past several years have ran fine. However, after a horrible experience with S&W customer service with an M&P 10, I can't recommend their rifles that use proprietary parts to anyone. For one thing, they flat out don't sell spare parts for rifles, and want you to send it back any time something happens. They are not particularly quick, but are quick to deny service if they think the damage was not due to a product defect. Whereas if you break something on a Ruger, you can order spare parts from a variety of sources, both OEM and after market, and have your rifle back in business in the time it takes parts to ship, or to drive across town to someone who stocks them. Also, if you have a problem that you can't fix at home and do have to send a Ruger back, their customer service is second to none. I have dealt with them before as well with a 10/22 Anniversary Design Contest Rifle that had a barrel misaligned with the receiver, and they made quite the contrast to S&W.
    Last edited by henschman; 09-08-15 at 08:16.
    "This motto may adorn their tombs
    (Let tyrants come and view):
    We rather seek these silent rooms
    Than live as slaves to you."

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast