Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Best "long term" adjustable gas block?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Do the POF and Noveske vent gas like most other adjustable gas blocks?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Are you asking if the adjustable gas blocks leak? Or are you asking if they use venting to reduce the amount of gas that goes to the BCG?

The SLR I'm using leaks, but it does not use venting to control gas flow. The SLR (and a far as I know the others as well) restrict gas flow
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Yes, I guess leaks is the more accurate way to say it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Am quite certain my SLR Sentry 7 clamp on does not leak, at least around its contact with barrel, as I removed it and journal was completely clean, no trace of carbon. Now front end of gas tube did have some carbon deposits first inch or so, common in my limited experience. This makes sense, as clamping action allows gas block internal surface to pretty much mate to surface area of most of barrel journal. I know some folks dislike clamp on style, but as long as excessive torque on screws is avoided, they are not likely to shear. High temp moderate strength loctite (246) and witness marks are my insurance of gas block not moving.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    This thread makes me less willing to try an agb, even slr. Could one get a suppressed sbr to run without too harsh of a recoil impulse/gas to the face by simply using an A5 w/ the "right" buffer, green sprinco and an LMT e-carrier? Let's also assume a surefire socom II is used, and the barrel is a 10.5" centurion arms lw chf bbl.

I mean before today's gas blocks, carriers and charging handles, was it a complete miserable experience to shoot suppressed?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JC0352 View Post
    This thread makes me less willing to try an agb, even slr.

I mean before today's gas blocks, carriers and charging handles, was it a complete miserable experience to shoot suppressed?
    Answer: Yes.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I know I'm reviving this thread but I have SLR, Superlative Arms, and Syrac Gen 2,... had my first Syrac lockup last weekend - destroyed it trying to free it up, other Syracs were very difficult to break free, the SLRs were cake, and the Superlative Arms is newer but still very easy to turn...

I neglect them all equally so take that with a grain of salt but I will move away from Syracs to only SLR/Superlative

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellen25 View Post
    I know I'm reviving this thread but I have SLR, Superlative Arms, and Syrac Gen 2,... had my first Syrac lockup last weekend - destroyed it trying to free it up, other Syracs were very difficult to break free, the SLRs were cake, and the Superlative Arms is newer but still very easy to turn...

I neglect them all equally so take that with a grain of salt but I will move away from Syracs to only SLR/Superlative

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Unless something has changed, Syrac is out of business.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    I thought superlative engineered the syrac gas blocks. Now they've improved on them and make their own.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I think the BRT Micro Tune GB is the way to go.

Just my $0.02

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast