Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best "long term" adjustable gas block?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Best "long term" adjustable gas block?

I have a BCM 11.5" that I'd like to put an adjustable gas block on. The rifle just gets too "gassy" for my liking when suppressed. It has a LW barrel so a .625" gas block is needed.

I've heard many good things about Syrac. My main criteria is durability. I don't want to have to remove the rail and clean it every 500 rounds. That's like one day of shooting. I'd prefer to never have to clean it. Ease of adjustment and price are distant secondary criteria.

What works?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This also interests me, as I embark on my next build (10.5" Noveske AR Pistol). From the limited research I have done, adjustable GB are met with mixed reviews.

Feedback Score
    I have an SLR series 6 Adj .625 gas block and am very satisfied.
    Great design and top of the line.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Based on member reviews I also have a .625 SLR gas block for a new barrel that is incoming.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...s-block-review

If I needed a .750 gas block I would look real hard at the Govnah. Its a little heavy but seems like a no brainer with respect to durability. I asked if they were making a .625 Govnah and the short answer was no.
    Last edited by Rayrevolver; 08-02-15 at 19:00.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyJack556 View Post
    I have an SLR series 6 Adj .625 gas block and am very satisfied.
    Great design and top of the line.
    This post is useless.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I have a BCM 11.5" that I'd like to put an adjustable gas block on. The rifle just gets too "gassy" for my liking when suppressed. It has a LW barrel so a .625" gas block is needed.

I've heard many good things about Syrac. My main criteria is durability. I don't want to have to remove the rail and clean it every 500 rounds. That's like one day of shooting. I'd prefer to never have to clean it. Ease of adjustment and price are distant secondary criteria.

What works?
    By any chance, do you know the gas port size of that barrel?
    I've used a few linear adjustable gas blocks, but they aren't a long term part or affordable or compact.
    Are you out of possible options that eliminate the use of more action mass?
    I have been in a similar pursuit for a while, without good results. I am not sure a commercial model exists yet.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I know it may seem like I'm a MicroMOA fanboi, but I just really like their shit.

If you know your ideal gas port (and MicroMOA can help you figure that out), then this may be the ideal solution for you: http://micromoa.com/baby-govnah/

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    I know it may seem like I'm a MicroMOA fanboi, but I just really like their shit.

If you know your ideal gas port (and MicroMOA can help you figure that out), then this may be the ideal solution for you: http://micromoa.com/baby-govnah/
    Dood, he said .625" so Govnah and Baby do not work.

Sorry Euro, we are not being helpful. I posted the review of the SLR above. I like that there is no spring and detent, I hear they bind up. It uses a leaf spring instead that is serviceable.

Also, there is a flat so the set screw option can be drilled and pinned (don't know about the clamp version). Adco said they would pin it, that is my plan for a suppressed only upper.
    Last edited by Rayrevolver; 08-02-15 at 19:02.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

What works?
    Simple. I just installed an SLR .625" Sentry 6 Titanium set screw gas block on my Faxon 18" gunner profile barrel. About 700 rds through it so far. With their new black high temper (and high temp rated) detent spring, I couldn't recommend anything else.

I had several thousand (2.2k) through a previous generation Sentry 7 .750" set screw in SBN 4140 and it's still running strong. Just sold that to a buddy the other day.

The owner of SLR tests all his AGB's on suppressed setups as part of routine product development.

I couldn't dream up a bad thing to say about Syrac AGB's if I tried, but SLR has been working great for me.
    Last edited by BufordTJustice; 08-02-15 at 20:23.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    Dood, he said .625" so Govnah and Baby do not work.

Sorry Euro, we are not being helpful. I posted the review of the SLR above. I like that there is no spring and detent, I hear they bind up. It uses a leaf spring instead that is serviceable.

Also, there is a flat so the set screw option can be drilled and pinned (don't know about the clamp version). Adco said they would pin it, that is my plan for a suppressed only upper.
    Damn, I stand corrected. My mind went straight from thinking about .625s to the "simple" part of the deal and failed to return home.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast