Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thumbs down to dpms g2

Feedback Score

Unhappy Thumbs down to dpms g2

I'm very disappointed in the customer service I've experienced with dpms. I bought a new g2ap4 after reading and watching vids for months. As soon as I picked it up from my lgs I took it to their indoor range to zero it in.
    I first inspected the rifle and lightly lubed it with the supplied "claw" lube they supply.
    The rifle would keyhole every round on paper as close as 15-20 yards. I even tried a variety on ammo (all factory) same result each time. The employees at the lgs and myself figured it was a barrel problem and decided to send it back immediately.
    After speaking with the Dpms, they said they don't service their own rifles, that we could send it to a third party they use to repair their stuff. Huh?
    Then they told us that it could be up to 4 months depending on parts availability, I couldn't believe it. Without another rifle in stock (through local distributors) I can't even get the same replacement.
    I was hoping a company as large as dpms would have said "send it in,we'll send a replacement right out. That didn't happen. I liked the feel and the weight of it, but am totally turned off by them now. I don't want them to have any of my hard earned money
    . I give them a zero on customer service. Any thoughts from the m4 crowd? I know more than a few of you have some configuration of this rifle. Thx

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thumbs down to dpms g2

So I had to look up what G2AP4 was......AR10 I see.

Lemons can happen with any company, however what you are experiencing is why Colt, BCM and DD are most often recommended on this site.

I wouldn't buy DPMS anything. I consider them and Bushmaster as the bargain choices and you usually get what you pay for on the rifle and in support when things go wrong.

I think Ruger would be a better choice in this price range. If I were in your shoes I would get my money back save a little longer and get the soon to be released DD.

I have the HK and it has been flawless. But that and the KAC and SCAR17 are a significant price delta from where you are presently.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the input hkguns. I wasn't aware of DD coming out with a 308. I have a DDv7 and love it. Never had a malfunction to date. Which reminds me, in addition to the sideways rounds right out of the barrel, I had two light primer strikes in the first box of Winchester super x I shot. I reloaded the rounds and both fired on their second attempt.
    Thx for the link. I had read most of those threads before ordering. I'm just disappointed that they aren't trying to help me, or stand behind there product. I have shot quite a few bushies over the yrs new and old. Entry level priced or not at least they honor their warrenties for life. Props to them.

Feedback Score
    It would be a really cool rifle if they could get the QC right -- I love the AR-15 LOP and reduced weight -- but I've heard of way too many issues with them. I'm going with an Armalite for my .308.
    "This motto may adorn their tombs
    (Let tyrants come and view):
    We rather seek these silent rooms
    Than live as slaves to you."

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Feedback Score
    Man. I would not have thought DPMS would be that way with their products.
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Djshort800 View Post
    I'm very disappointed in the customer service I've experienced with dpms. I bought a new g2ap4 after reading and watching vids for months. As soon as I picked it up from my lgs I took it to their indoor range to zero it in.
    I first inspected the rifle and lightly lubed it with the supplied "claw" lube they supply.
    The rifle would keyhole every round on paper as close as 15-20 yards. I even tried a variety on ammo (all factory) same result each time. The employees at the lgs and myself figured it was a barrel problem and decided to send it back immediately.
    After speaking with the Dpms, they said they don't service their own rifles, that we could send it to a third party they use to repair their stuff. Huh?
    Then they told us that it could be up to 4 months depending on parts availability, I couldn't believe it. Without another rifle in stock (through local distributors) I can't even get the same replacement.
    I was hoping a company as large as dpms would have said "send it in,we'll send a replacement right out. That didn't happen. I liked the feel and the weight of it, but am totally turned off by them now. I don't want them to have any of my hard earned money
    . I give them a zero on customer service. Any thoughts from the m4 crowd? I know more than a few of you have some configuration of this rifle. Thx
    If DPMess can't get an AR in 5.56 right, I can't fathom why anyone would expect them to get an AR based rifle in .308 right. Not a comment directed at you, just can't figure out why anyone would purchase one from them. Dump it asap and get something recommended via the members here.

Good luck!
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    No worries, I don't take it personal. I bought it because of the weight and the parts compatibility with ar15 parts. I know they are not known for quality, but read a lot of positive things about it, thought I would try it out. Fail.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Djshort800 View Post
    No worries, I don't take it personal. I bought it because of the weight and the parts compatibility with ar15 parts. I know they are not known for quality, but read a lot of positive things about it, thought I would try it out. Fail.
    I guess the Q is the usual: what's it's intended use? If as a fun plinker and or something you don't plan to risk your life on as a battle rifle that's one choice. If intended as a hard use/SHTF/battle rifle, you spend the $$ on vetted brands and don't look back. A DPMS .308 would be (at best) in the former category and there appears better choice for similar $$$. In the latter category, DPMS does not produce such an animal it seems.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    DPMS gave me my money back, so I cannot call them names. The g2 hunter I owned was tearing up brass, drilling the twin ejectors into the back of the case I know of one other person that had the same G2 hunter, similar problems.

For a hobby and hunting gun I have been pretty happy with the Ruger SR762, my copy is accurate, 1-1.5 inches for 5 WW 150 grain Power points. I have tried 3 guns an MP10, a DPMS gen 2 hunter, and a Ruger SR-762. Of the 3 I still have the Ruger. I considered a Scar but people say they are rough on optics, and then they are more expensive and then take special magazines, and then a new trigger, however they are good guns.
    Last edited by jimmyp; 08-05-15 at 17:11. Reason: correction
    "Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." Ronald Regan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast