Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Health High Protein Breakfast Ideas?

Feedback Score

Health High Protein Breakfast Ideas?

So I've been doing well on changing the way I eat. But need some ideas for high protein breakfast foods. Pretty much been doing egg whites and maybe throwing in a whole egg, using hot sauce, salsa and such. Just need help so I can keep things interesting.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Make an omelet. Throw some chicken in! Maybe some seafood like tuna or salmon. That's expensive for everyday but to mix it up. 3oz of yellow Fin tuna has 21gr protien.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I do a oat meal with a scoop of peanut butter in it. Also mix me a protein shake but only use 1 of the recommended 3 scoops. I use the GNC chocolate and mix with a fork so it's not all bubbles. It's still a little chunky but tastes better than any other protein I've tried.

Feedback Score
    I make mini omelets in a large muffin pan. Mix a dozen eggs with chopped vegetables and some kind of meat. Dump the mix into the muffin pan and cook. Able to freeze them and thaw when needed.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I eat hamburger patties, steak, ground beef, chicken, ground turkey, eggs, whatever.

You need to look at eating in terms of calories, carbs, and fat. Not that certain foods go with any particular meal.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Breakfast doesn't have to be eggs. I love them though and they are cheap (although rising in price fast!)

I usually make up a batch of 3 omelettes for the wife and I on a Sunday and throw them in the fridge for the first half of the week and do a second batch Wednesday. They aren't as good reheated as they are fresh, but it's a quality meal with no thought or time in the morning.

Whatever vegetable happens to be in the fridge with some sort of meat (ham, ground chicken, turkey or beef, bacon, scrapple, whatever leftovers may be around) and some cheese.

Mine this morning was 659 calories, 32g carb, 32g fat, 54g protein (with two slices of bread). 3 eggs, 4 oz ground chicken, mushrooms, garlic, 1 oz crumbled blue.

The muffin tin idea klake575 posted sounds like a good idea, going to try that sometime.

Latest science also shows that egg yolks aren't the evil they once were thought of as.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    You need to look at eating in terms of calories, carbs, and fat. Not that certain foods go with any particular meal.
    This

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Read the labels but many of the Greek yogurts. Many have from 13-20g of protein.

I eat a local grocery chain's store brand Greek yogurt every morning. It has 13g of protein and only 130 calories, no fat and calcium, potassium and other goodies. That and half a grapefruit or maybe a banana or handful of blueberries and I am GTG. Grapefruit is crazy good for you - vitamin C, anti-oxidants and other good things.

I'd love to do eggs, but too many eggs and I get bad acne.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Use various meats, cheeses and types of egg. Greek yogurt is great. Dannone fit and healthy is one of the better ones. Low sugar and lots of protein. Really check the labels on yogurt. Some of the products out there are junk.

All very good idea's in this thread. Main thing is try to eat protein and carbs, not just carbs. Try to shoot for 1:1 ratio. Zero carbs isn't practical. But carb cycling Day or two a week is.

Omelets are great. Make then any way you want. I put brown rice, cheese and chicken in mine with sriacha this morning.

The most important thing I can say, it's that whatever you do, make sure it is something that is practical, you can see yourself doing into the future and you like it. Getting fit isn't really hard. Staying fit is. If you hate and dread your meals, you are so screwed. Learn to cook, learn to like it, learn to try new things.

I've found some great meals by trying random shit.

Op, my breakfast is wheaties with fruit mixed in, Greek yogurt, and egg of various combos. Buddy of mine eats turkey. I can't stand turkey for breakfast. Do what works for you.
    Last edited by cbx; 08-06-15 at 01:49.

Feedback Score
    We often take plain Greek yogurt (13g of protein a serving) and add fresh berries (blue, straw or black) or chop a banana and add crushed walnuts or slivered raw almonds. We also sprinkle in Rice Chex or maybe some flax based cerreals we buy from Whole Foods.

You can mix it up and get your protein, along with fiber, anti-oxidants and other goodies by mixing it up. These concoctions are also pretty filling.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast