Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Streamlight TLR-1?

Feedback Score

Streamlight TLR-1?

I find it hard to believe there aren't any threads on this but I did a search on "TLR-1" and "Streamlight" and returned no results.

Anybody using this?

It gets rave reviews on Amazon but then again those customers probably don't run it hard in training classes.

I seem to remember either reading or hearing that Streamlights of a few years ago had switch issues, but don't quote me on that.

Can someone chime in with their experiences on using this as a carbine light?

Feedback Score
    I've had one on a pistol for years. Been through lots of classes and range trips. Still works fine. They're decent lights.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've had one for years too. I use it one both my pistols and SBRs. I like the QD aspect because I don't need or want a permanently-mounted weapon light. It has a couple of thousand rounds through it, 9mm and .223/5.56, and works well. Very reliable. I can't compare it to a $UREFIRE because I'd never spend that much on a weapon light YMMV. The TLR-1 is certainly a cost-efficient light option IMHO and one that I wouldn't hesitate to buy again if I ever needed more than one light (I do have a TLR-3 that I use occasionally on my PPS carry gun).

Last edited by Hmac; 06-12-15 at 16:30.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I use them on all my HD/SD guns and keep one in my glove box at all times. They are very reliable and durable for the price.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I use them as well. They mount up great in front of the front sight...infact the DD front sight is made to work with this set up. Function is great and they are built really well. Very easy to take on and off!!

Feedback Score

Streamlight TLR-1?

Last edited by oneeek020; 06-12-15 at 21:42.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I've had one on my duty gun and work rifle for a couple years. 300 lumens does a fine job I find. The light is durable. I had no light related malfunctions on a Gen 3 G23 and none as of yet on a Gen 4 G22. For a hundred bucks or so it's a really nice product.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I run a tlr1 on my glock 23 and a tlr1-hp on my Daniels Defense. Love them both. A whole lot of light that is easy to use. My next buy will be a tlr1-hl

Feedback Score
    I've had one on two pistols and a carbine for a couple years and used and abused them pretty hard through multiple classes etc. They have never failed and give off good light. Many other guys I shoot with run them hard too, and they've never had any issues.

In my opinion, they are a really good option for a weapon mounted light that is reliable and won't break the bank

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Yes, I have several as well.. 1s and 2s.. both GTG.. I like the bighead units and the green "game" bighead is on my yote carbine. I have a couple of the newer 630's as well.. Wicked bright lights
    Ain't no pockets on a shroud..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast