Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Precision rifle options

Feedback Score

Precision rifle options

Looking to get a precision rifle and would like some thoughs about the following rifles:

Robar SR60
    GA Precision Crusader
    FN PSR III
    HS Precision HTR

Anybody own any of these rifles or had any exprence with any of them?
    Thanks for any info.

Feedback Score
    I have a Rem 700P,and had a Sako trg22(had to sell it 4 years ago ,wish I still had it ) so I can't help you on the rifles you are thinking about. but I was just curious why you don't include the Sako trg 22 in your choices.
    WHO ME ? ---- A government big enough to
    give you everything you want, is
    strong enough to take everything
    you have.
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    GAP all the way!!! I have an AR-10 on the way and have shot a Rock and a Crusader. They shoot way better than I can believe me and I was getting 1/2 MOA all day long.

Feedback Score
    GAP bolt guns are consistant across the board - you'll be very happy.

Patriot Arms and Terry Cross should be added to the list.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    +1 for anything GAP
    Battle Comp Enterprises, LLC
    World Class Tactical Compensators
    California Legal Compensators
    100% American Made
    www.battlecomp.com
    sales@battlecomp.com
    (650) 678-0778

1 Samuel 17:49 / Romans 13: 1-4 / Isaiah 6:8 / Psalms 144:1 / Matthew 12:30

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For the Money, you arent going to touch the FN SPR's. For the middle ground a GAP or a Terry Cross are some of the best custom rifles built. At the Top you have AI, Sako TRG, and the Tubb Rifles

Feedback Score
    I go with the HTR, it is tested, certified, and fielded by the FBI.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TurretGunner View Post
    For the Money, you arent going to touch the FN SPR's. For the middle ground a GAP or a Terry Cross are some of the best custom rifles built. At the Top you have AI, Sako TRG, and the Tubb Rifles
    I agree the listed "top" rifles are great guns, but I'd put a GAP up against most of them. Their barrel work is second to none, and that is going to be the major component in accuracy (as I'm sure you know). I've shot AIs and Sakos side by side with GAPs and get better overall results with the GAP rifles. I'd attribute this primarily to barrels; I've shot both AIs and Sakos rebarreled by GAP and they shot on par with any GAP custom I've shot.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by casio02478 View Post
    I go with the HTR, it is tested, certified, and fielded by the FBI.
    +1. A friend of mine who competes in F class T/R has one, and it's not a tack-driver, it's a pin-pusher!. When it's on our bench, on a calm day, using our 168gr. SMK handloads, it consistently shoots .15" 5 shot groups - that's accurate.
    I've owned an FN SPR in the past, and it was a great rifle. I loved the factory McMillan stock, and the Winchester M70 pre-64 action is probably one of the best ever designed. It is also well worth the money, and is one of the best "bang for your buck" precision rifles on the market.
    As far as the GA Precision Crusader rifle goes, no doubt it'll be accurate - but if it were my money - I think I could better spend $3500... you can probably find a good deal on an H-S rifle for $2500 - $2800 and use the leftover money to invest in a scope to match the rifle (Kahles, Nightforce, Zeiss, Swarovski, or high-end Leupold). Or, you could even take the money for the GAP and have a rifle custom built for you, and it should even be more accurate than the GAP (even thought it's considered a "custom" rifle, it's still generalized), as it can be "personalized" just for you (ie: perfect L.O.P., weight, bbl length, etc). Just my 2 cents.
    "A government big enough to give you what you want, is strong enough to take what you have." -T. Jefferson

Feedback Score
    You can't go wrong with a GA Precision. Good value for the money too.
    Cold Zero

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast