Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon RDS?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

New Trijicon RDS?

I think it has a lot of potential, mainly because Trij didn't try to do anything "game changing" on this one. No solar panels or wind turbines or any of that funky stuff that seems to cause more issues than they solve. Just what appears to be a simple, solid entry into the mini RDS market. If it does everything the Micro does, offers a slightly larger window and costs a few bucks less, I'm definitely interested in keeping an eye on them. More is options is always more gooder.
    Director of Business Development - Unity Tactical, LLC - Design and Validation for the tactical community.
    www.unitytactical.com / www.facebook.com/unitytacticalllc

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MWT View Post
    All it needs to complete the mini submarine look is a small periscope :P
    I can't look at it now without picturing that in my mind... Anyway, I hope this thing pans out. Mini red dot wars = good for us!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddler View Post
    Anyone have info on this
    Yes. The term "industrial espionage" has been used for what some people think was an intentional release of information. I'm pretty sure that wasn't the intent, but the people who have them aren't going to talk until cleared. At this point the info sheet is already out, so the specs are pretty well known. I would expect the usual companies would all have mounts out pretty quickly, as from the numbers and specs, this looks like Aimpoint is going to get hit hard.
    Last edited by Stickman; 08-12-15 at 02:26.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    With the SRS flop it will be interesting as to whether Trijicon learned from their mistakes. I'll not rush out to be the first one at the range with one. At the same price point as an Aimpoint, why take a chance......
    It is way below a T-1 or T-2 price point.

C4

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I hear that Midwest Industries is working on a mount as well.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I'm very interested. I love the idea of a larger sight window at a cheaper cost while keeping the same battery life. I think Trijicon has a winner on their hands and will be giving the T-1s and T-2s a run for their money.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    It is way below a T-1 or T-2 price point.

C4
    That's good to know. I can see this being very popular.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

MSRP is $629 with mount and $579 without mount. Latest pics and info here (info from Trijicon, not the same 4 pages that have been posted everywhere)
    http://www.recoilweb.com/trijicon-mr...tic-70203.html
    Last edited by Dave_M; 08-12-15 at 20:33.
    Dave Merrill
    Terrible Technical Writer. Awful Photographer. Lazy Instructor. Kind of a dick.
    Loves Tacos.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_M View Post

MSRP is $629 with mount and $579 without mount. Latest pics and info here (info from Trijicon, not the same 4 pages that have been posted everywhere)
    http://www.recoilweb.com/trijicon-mr...tic-70203.html
    Probably a smart price point by Trijicon. I'll pass on these in favor of the tried & true Aimpoint, but they have undercut Aimpoint price wise. Trijicon has a large fan base so I expect many will take the plunge despite previous issues with SRS. If the MRO proves over time to be as reliable & durable as an Aimpoint and they don't increase the price, I suspect it will do well. I do hope this causes Aimpoint to decrease their prices, that would probably be a win for everyone!

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Very interesting. I'm building a carbine for a gift, and would like to snag one of these for it.

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast