Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MK 12 MOD "DOC"

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    That's a bad a** rifle you've got there. What specific clip on are you running?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post
    That's a bad a** rifle you've got there. What specific clip on are you running?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    It is an ATN PS28-2 Night Vision Riflescope Clip-On.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    Great build! Did you ever get to shoot it out to 700 yards as desired?
    NC
    No, the longers that I have been able to find has been 500 meters. I am still looking to get it out there.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    No, the longers that I have been able to find has been 500 meters. I am still looking to get it out there.
    Road trip to Tiger Valley! And don't forget to stop in West for kolaches!

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Road trip to Tiger Valley! And don't forget to stop in West for kolaches!
    I do like the Kolaches there....

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I have made changes since I have posted this. Nothing major but I replaces the scope with a Leupold MK4 4.5-14x50 TMR. I also added a Burris FastFire on the left side of the scope. I would normally put it on the right side but the ATN PS28-2 Night Vision Riflescope Clip-On battery compartment blocks the view there. So I rotated it to the left and I can simple use it by opening my left eye. It works nicely. I also replaced the iron sites with a set of MagPul Pro off set ones. This I have to do also because of the PS28-2, which set too low for sight. I have also decided to use the AAC Mini4 as the only can I use on it. With the 18" barrel and the switchblock it is quite enough and the POI shift is very little at all.

I have about just under 3K worth of ammo through it and it runs great and if I do my part it is well under MOA.

Over the last 4 years I have tried several scopes before I found the one that I like for this set up. I am still thinking that I may change the scope but for now I like the set up.

Here is it in this current set up.

That glass tile backsplash really highlights the earth tones of the LaRue Tactical index clips. Subtle, elegant, yet very tactical. (Sorry wife has me watching too much HGTV.)

Are you replacing the moleskin?

Still my favorite AR.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    That glass tile backsplash really highlights the earth tones of the LaRue Tactical index clips. Subtle, elegant, yet very tactical. (Sorry wife has me watching too much HGTV.)

Are you replacing the moleskin?

Still my favorite AR.
    The molle skin got a little nasty on my last outing.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Are you able to maintain 1 moa at 500 yds/meters? I have a 18" Stealth barrel...been able to get a sub 2 moa at 500 but that's about as tight as I can get.

I sure like the look of it painted like that.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    Are you able to maintain 1 moa at 500 yds/meters? I have a 18" Stealth barrel...been able to get a sub 2 moa at 500 but that's about as tight as I can get.

I sure like the look of it painted like that.
    I was able to hold a solid MOA at that distance with MK262 ammo and me having a good day.

Feedback Score
    Looks fantastic!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast