Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6.8 build plan

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    The real question is has the OP built this rifle yet? It's been 10 months....
    Dang, didn't see that one!
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Some side builds of mine have taken 3-8 months ha, didn't see the OP date though

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well its been a while and life happens as it often does. Here is an update. I am still working on this build, but have most everything but the rails, buttstock, trigger, sights, optics, and magazine.

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    pretty much the same thing I'm doing. I'm going to run it suppressed but I'm not going to be shooting sub's. It will strictly be a Deer gun now that Indiana has finally gotten its head out of its ass and os of July 1, 2017 any caliber 6mm(.243) or larger with a minimum case length of 1.6 inches will be legal and a minimum of 16in barrel length. I used a 11.3in 6.8 AR Pistol(that was legal but put it on a Rifle lower and it wasn't/still isn't! SMH!!!) a few years ago to take 2 does at 150 yards and it dropped the DRT.

Looking at the 16in light Wilson barrel to keep weight down. 110gr Vmax is what worked before from the 11.3in so that's what I'll be using again.

Just have to get this bankruptcy paid for since the ex ran up my credit cards before she decided to tell me she was cheating and leaving for her new husband.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Hey OP, the Laure MBT is on sale if you haven't picked one yet!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    Hey OP, the Laure MBT is on sale if you haven't picked one yet!
    I am sticking with a Geissele trigger.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thought I would update everyone on this long project. I know it is taking me forever, but life is tough for me right now and this build takes backseat. I have the lower completed. Has a g2s Trigger, B5 Sopmod stock, Seekins 60/90 selector, Seekins billet mag release, BCM QD end plate, magpul enhanced trigger guard, St t2 buffer, Flat wire buffer spring.

My upper Is mostly complete. I have a spikes upper with a Geissele charging handle, DD complete 6.8 bcg, DD 6.8 sw2 barrel, DD low profile gas block and mid length gas tube. Hopefully on the first I will get my DD NOS RIS II in black. That will leave me with a flash hider, buis, and magazines and I will be ready for the range till I can get a red dot and other items I am looking at getting.
    Last edited by chef8489; 10-23-18 at 22:19.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Sounds good! Check PSA right now for ammo deals, Federal 115 Fusions 16.99 and 5 per box rebate from Federal. I lucked out on a sweet deal LMT MRP with a 6.8 BCG, couldn't refuse it. Looking at an ARP (AR15 Performance) 12.5" barrel and bolt for a pistol build.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    As long as I did not get ripped off, I have a new old stock black RIS II inbound I picked up off the other forum and hopefully it will be here today. Paid 400.00 for it and was new in box. Was given a set of DD buis as well and ordered a pair of Barrett magazines for 50% off from Barrett direct. 38.00 plus shipping for the pair. So if all goes well I would just need a muzzle device and I would be up and shooting in no time.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Sounds great, please show some pics when done.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast