Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SR-25 M110k1 clone

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

SR-25 M110k1 clone

Sorta..

Forgive the crudeness of the photo. I'm not so savvy.

This was quite an ordeal. I got the receiver and boy did I not know what I got myself into. It was an expensive and humbling experience.

Specs:
    KAC receiver kit
    URX 3.1
    KAC BCG (don't ask)
    Geissele SD-E trigger
    KAC collapsible stock w/ ACS
    Rock Creek Carbine barrel
    Magpul MIAD and sights
    MAMS brake
    PRI gas block

HUGE thanks to Ayan at Boltcarrier, Marvin Pitts for advice and excellent dimpling, cerakoting and advice. High Caliber Sales for sourcing the barrel. Bullseye Bluing for the cerakote of the receivers and rail.
    Geissele fungineer who fitted the Super Dynamic trigger for me as it needed fitting to the older SR-25 lower.

Yes. My best advice for an SR25 build is....don't. Just don't. It's a depressing journey of shattered preconceived notions and a lot of Oliver Twist moments. I will say that the people who know their KAC stuff(Ayan and Marvin) were invaluable.

I stopped counting cost as this was a 3 or 4 year trek. An Arduous March. But as Alvin York says, I got a mighty nice rifle gun here.

It's worth it to just buy a store brought SR-25. I need a Nightforce scope. It's accurate with irons but I need a scope.

So far it's holding up.

Additional Thoughts: I really didn't intend for it to be an M110K1 clone. I wanted something like an ER. But I couldn't get the rail. Then I wanted to try an EMC clone. But again, no rail. So I "settled" for the URX 3.1 rail and it really was the better choice.

I also didn't really think about tanning it. Originally it was going to be black, but black is boring. I then thought about Alumahyding a woodland pattern but was like "meh". I saw another Tan rifle snd thought it looked sleek yet earth toned.

The barrel itself is a bit of a cheat. It's a little fat forward of the gas block. It seemed a bit "off" at first but it made it unique so I don't care. Doesn't affect how it shoots.

I want the 45 offset sights but none to be found as of yet. The magpuls are good for now.

The PRI is lovely and they make, in this M4Cer's opinion, good kit.
    Would still love to have a real KAC carbine block but...I was told that was quite impossible. Oh well.

The barrel will never be a real M110k1 barrel but it does okay. Haven't gotten out with a scope or to 800 yards but it looks worthy.

Old lower so no ambi except for safety.
    Last edited by Firefly; 08-13-15 at 17:25.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Here is his photo. There were some issues with him loading it up.

In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks again, Doc
    Last edited by Firefly; 08-13-15 at 17:58.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Beautiful rifle, I just completed my 4 year long journey building up a clone ECC, Mk 11 Mod 0 and M110k1 as well...yes all three were completed at once. This was mainly due to the fact all three were 90% built from parts I scrounged from various forums! Like you, huge thanks to Ayan, Marvin and the folks at Operation Parts. Im afraid to ask how much for that BCG, especially when that ACS combo is 450+! Nothing is more painful than finally getting your hands on 3 gas blocks from KAC....only to have them cost 350 a pop...and two needing to be milled and recoated to be "Accurate". Beautiful setup though brother!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikel7070 View Post
    Beautiful rifle, I just completed my 4 year long journey building up a clone ECC, Mk 11 Mod 0 and M110k1 as well...yes all three were completed at once. This was mainly due to the fact all three were 90% built from parts I scrounged from various forums! Like you, huge thanks to Ayan, Marvin and the folks at Operation Parts. Im afraid to ask how much for that BCG, especially when that ACS combo is 450+! Nothing is more painful than finally getting your hands on 3 gas blocks from KAC....only to have them cost 350 a pop...and two needing to be milled and recoated to be "Accurate". Beautiful setup though brother!
    Post up some pics, specs, details, etc.!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Specs M110k1: All custom work done by Marvin Pitts, this guy is a stud!
    Mega Maten receiver kit
    Noveske Raptor Charging Handle
    URX 3.1 (Timed to upper receiver)
    Armalite BCG
    Geissele trigger
    Noveske N6 Stainless 21" barrel cut to 16" dimpled by Marvin Pitts of Nefarious Arms LLC
    KAC BUIS
    MAMS brake
    KAC SR-25 Gas Block coated

Specs SR-25 EC: All custom work done by Marvin Pitts
    Mega Maten receiver kit
    Noveske Raptor Charging Handle
    URX II (Timed to upper receiver)
    Armalite BCG
    Geissele trigger
    Noveske N6 Stainless 21" barrel cut to 16" dimpled by Marvin Pitts of Nefarious Arms LLC and coat
    KAC BUIS (Not installed in pic)
    M110 Flash Suppressor
    KAC SR-25 Gas Block coated
    Last edited by mikel7070; 08-17-15 at 00:21.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Awesome, thanks. How do these shoot, round counts, accuracy, etc?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Curious about the Mk. 11 Mod 0 build. I've been told the Mk 11 rail is obsolete, wasn't perfect, and URX anything is better but I like how it looks and they just can't be found anymore.
    Last edited by Firefly; 08-18-15 at 07:47.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    Awesome, thanks. How do these shoot, round counts, accuracy, etc?
    I just received these back a week or so ago, so the round count on each is relatively low at only 100 per. I've only put our match duty ammo (Federal LE .308 Win 168gr TBBC Polymer Tip) and 175gr SMK through them, but the accuracy we are getting has been really nice. Sub-MOA at 100 with very light recoil. When we pushed the distance out to 200-300 yards, the better shooters were hitting really nice groups.

I am still waiting on the Mk11 Mod 0 build from Marvin, which will be in soon. If these other two are any testament to whats coming, it should be a really nice shooter as well. I'm with you Firefly, I heard the same thing about the URX rails, but the Mk11/Mk12 Mod 1 look just looks good.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Awesome stuff fellas!

I picked up one of the Grade B EMC models this year.
    Knights makes one of the best available
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast