Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USGI Sling for M4 Carbine?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

USGI Sling for M4 Carbine?

I was issued an M16A4, and I had a 3 point sling for the field. I believe it was Stag? And the old school green sling for qual day which is on my current A4 clone.

I just got my first Colt M4 - ever. I have made it an M4 clone to go with my M16A4 clone. I know this forum isn't for new gun brags, so I'll keep it brief. I've wanted a Colt M4 forever, but could never justify spending $1,200+ on a bone stock M4 when I could get a tricked out BCM for a similar price. Now that Colt 6920s have come down so far in price (I got this for $895 delivered and transferred at my FFL from G&R Tactical, plus some free swag ) it didn't make sense not to get one. To those of you out building your first AR with titanium parts entering the multi thousand dollar realm - what in the world are you doing?

Now, to my question. As I said, I was not issued an M4. Marines are riflemen, not women. I'd like to get a sling that is standard issue to go with my Matech rear sight, M4 RAS, and TA31RCOM4. Does anyone know what sling this would be, and why on earth my M4 came with a push button QD sling attachment despite having nowhere to insert it?

Gotta insert another plug for G&R here. Before I even realized I hadn't received the shipping email (it went to my spam folder) the rifle was already sitting at my FFL!
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 08-14-15 at 18:26.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    In that configuration, just get a side sling at the fsb and use the buttstock swivel. Or--I would try to use both swivels, old school, you would be surprised what/how you can work that gun with the same sling you have on the A2.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I got issued an M4 as soon as I earned my bloodstripes because in my old unit NCOs and above got M4s. I had a A4 "musket" (who came up with that dumb term?) on my first deployment so you better not be calling me no woman lol.

Get the VCAS in coyote. I used my own before the Marine Corps started issuing them. For QD, I also bought the Daniel Defense QD rail mount and Tango Down PR-4 mount since I don't like the stock sling attachment points. Be glad that Colt also threw in a QD swivel along with the rifle!

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    I use an issued VCAS coyote sling.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Lawman, didn't mean to imply you weren't a real Marine just that unless you made SNCO or were on the dark side you carried an A4 in my unit.

Ironically, I have a coyote VCAS that I bought from mark5pt56! I feel stupid I forgot about the PR4. Everyone has those. I also have a DD rail mounted QD socket already. I think I might just rock the green weenie sling
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 08-14-15 at 20:13.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lawusmc0844 View Post
    I used my own before the Marine Corps started issuing them. For QD, I also bought the Daniel Defense QD rail mount and Tango Down PR-4 mount since I don't like the stock sling attachment points. Be glad that Colt also threw in a QD swivel along with the rifle!
    And that is what is wrong the Marine Corps and America in general in today's world.

Back in the day when the only damned nametag a Marine needed was an Eagle Globe and Anchor stenciled on the pocket of his utility blouse, there was not all this 'I didn't like the stock sling attachment points' caterwauling. By damned you used what the Corps gave you. Do you think Chesty Puller was whining about getting a sorbothane 1907 sling for his Garand? By God, no he didn't, he used the same type leather sling Smedley Butler used, because, by God, tradition used to mean something in the Corps.

It is indeed a sad day when Marines aren't even man enough to stand up on their own two feet and engage targets from the offhand position, instead there is all this whining about cover and concealment. By God, cover and concealment didn't put down those Moro tribesmen it was cold steel delivered by a resolute Marine who stood his ground ggggaaack arrghh.............................................................

To whom it may concern: this post was my husband's last communication with anyone, he was found slumped over his keyboard with his face resting on his beloved Marine Corps tankard, victim of a stroke.

Best Wishes,

Mrs. 26

P.S. I have a box of slings marked VTAC and Sheriff of Baghdad along with like snappy things he used to attach them to his rifles, are they of any value?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Lawman, didn't mean to imply you weren't a real Marine just that unless you made SNCO or were on the dark side you carried an A4 in my unit.

Ironically, I have a coyote VCAS that I bought from mark5pt56! I feel stupid I forgot about the PR4. Everyone has those. I also have a DD rail mounted QD socket already. I think I might just rock the green weenie sling
    Lol its all good Marine. M4s for SNCO & Officers only is ****ing stupid but thats a different subject. I do miss the A4 but I would love it even more if it had an A1 or Vltor A5 stock assembly and something lighter than the rifle length KAC RAS.

My parade slings are on my M1903 and 1903A3, it works great on there haha

Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    And that is what is wrong the Marine Corps and America in general in today's world.

Back in the day when the only damned nametag a Marine needed was an Eagle Globe and Anchor stenciled on the pocket of his utility blouse, there was not all this 'I didn't like the stock sling attachment points' caterwauling. By damned you used what the Corps gave you. Do you think Chesty Puller was whining about getting a sorbothane 1907 sling for his Garand? By God, no he didn't, he used the same type leather sling Smedley Butler used, because, by God, tradition used to mean something in the Corps.

It is indeed a sad day when Marines aren't even man enough to stand up on their own two feet and engage targets from the offhand position, instead there is all this whining about cover and concealment. By God, cover and concealment didn't put down those Moro tribesmen it was cold steel delivered by a resolute Marine who stood his ground ggggaaack arrghh.............................................................

To whom it may concern: this post was my husband's last communication with anyone, he was found slumped over his keyboard with his face resting on his beloved Marine Corps tankard, victim of a stroke.

Best Wishes,

Mrs. 26

P.S. I have a box of slings marked VTAC and Sheriff of Baghdad along with like snappy things he used to attach them to his rifles, are they of any value?
    Not sure if serious here. If serious, going by that logic, we should be slaying Taliban bodies with M1903s while rocking our Alphas and M1917 helmets, marching towards them in perfect company formations at right shoulder arms .

Tradition sometimes gets in the way of innovation.
    Last edited by lawusmc0844; 08-14-15 at 21:47.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ours have either a coyote or black VCAS or Tactical Taylor 3 points (I hate them).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My brother in law was a 0351 and was issued a 3 point sling for his M4. He thinks it might be a Blue Force Gear.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    IMO cloning and nostalgia are cool, until they get in the way of the practical application. I would simply get a Blue Force Gear Vickers sling since it is an official issue item and be done with it.

https://www.blueforcegear.com/media/...%20Release.pdf

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast