Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pleiades Rising

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Pleiades Rising

UPDATE: This book will be free for three (8/11-14) days if interested in checking it out.

EDIT 9/16/15: I have changed the name to Pleiades Rising. Feedback from readers was the prior title (The N Word) was just not compelling to sci fi readers and although they seem to mostly like the story, felt the title was just flat, not for PC reasons, but simply wouldn't compel a buyer to check it out. This is the first time I have ever "re branded" a book, but I feel this title and cover actually represent the story itself better regardless.

I can't think of a group of people who will "get" this book more than M4C members who understand freedom is not free...

Sergeant Major Lance Harris is a battle hardened soldier of the Mobile Terrain Forces and the Elite Shimmering Death Units. He's been fighting the enemies of mankind for almost a century and there's little he has not seen or done among the stars, and he has the scars to show for it. His latest mission has a high probability of failure with an untested xenophobic unit of wet behind the ears recruits and one alien fighting for his species very freedom.

When the mission goes from SNAFU to FUBAR, Harris has to do what the men of the Shimmering Death do best; kill without reservation or hope of self preservation. This time, the freedom and liberty of an entire species is counting on him.

All sentient creatures regardless of color, race, or species will strive for their freedom, but freedom is not free...

See more HERE
    Last edited by WillBrink; 08-11-18 at 08:48. Reason: changed book title
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Sounds good, I love sci fi mil books. But I hope the science is pretty legit
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    Sounds good, I love sci fi mil books. But I hope the science is pretty legit
    You tell me bro. I know my lane, and did my best not to stray far from it. I look forward to your thoughts/review on the story and the science.

It is a story with sci fi mil as its focus but a larger picture message to be sure.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 08-16-15 at 11:31.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Bought it, will read shortly.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    Bought it, will read shortly.
    Excellent, thanx,
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thumbs up

I'm game... Looks/sounds cool

Maybe this will be a topic in the "What are you reading" thread as well Look forward to it Will.
    Last edited by MBtech; 08-16-15 at 13:03.
    Work so hard that one day your signature will be called an autograph.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I know I shouldead the book I reckon but:

Why are you sending an untested unit who are xenophobic out with Marvin Martian the space ARVN?

Why is an outfit called Shimmering Death untested? They haven't killed anyone yet.

I don't know. I don't know how to write books but that trope always gets me. I'd like to see an outfit squared away from the get go. Like it's just a job. That's what I loved about Aliens. The Colonial Marines. To this day they remain a beloved fictional group. They were normal guys. In space. Using stuff that looked worn and used. Lamenting about another sorry deployment. Complaining about officers. Everyone signed on either to get away from home or college money, except Hicks. He was a lifer. No big deal. In hindsight LV-426 was looked at like Lebanon or Somalia. A tragedy but life goes on.

I ramble but it's hard to enjoy sci fi these days because like realistically we could take a guy outta Vietnam War right now. Give him a week fam. And he'd be using NODs and updated M4s like a pro. Most authors now write their stuff that seems like everyone is Spock.

But yhese are my personal hangups. Hope your book sells well. I love the Title

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MBtech View Post
    I'm game... Looks/sounds cool

Maybe this will be a topic in the "What are you reading" thread as well Look forward to it Will.
    Look forward to your review sir!
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

Why are you sending an untested unit who are xenophobic out with Marvin Martian the space ARVN?
    A good Q! One the book does answer.

Why is an outfit called Shimmering Death untested? They haven't killed anyone yet.
    Sgt Harris is a member of the Elite Shimmering Death Units (SDU). He's stuck leading a unit of untested wet behind the ears types who are not SDU. Hopefully that comes through in what it says in the short write up above.

I don't know. I don't know how to write books but that trope always gets me. I'd like to see an outfit squared away from the get go. Like it's just a job. That's what I loved about Aliens. The Colonial Marines. To this day they remain a beloved fictional group. They were normal guys. In space. Using stuff that looked worn and used. Lamenting about another sorry deployment. Complaining about officers. Everyone signed on either to get away from home or college money, except Hicks. He was a lifer. No big deal. In hindsight LV-426 was looked at like Lebanon or Somalia. A tragedy but life goes on.
    The SDU would make the The Colonial Marines look like pussies. But, cut backs and a lack of need for them (sound familiar?) has left only a small number of SDU left and no operational SDU units exist, so they have to put something together.

I ramble but it's hard to enjoy sci fi these days because like realistically we could take a guy outta Vietnam War right now. Give him a week fam. And he'd be using NODs and updated M4s like a pro. Most authors now write their stuff that seems like everyone is Spock.

From your comments, you might enjoy my Vacation Gone South series which the BTDT types and M4C members have given thumbs up to so far.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

A good Q! One the book does answer.

Sgt Harris is a member of the Elite Shimmering Death Units (SDU). He's stuck leading a unit of untested wet behind the ears types who are not SDU. Hopefully that comes through in what it says in the short write up above.

The SDU would make the The Colonial Marines look like pussies. But, cut backs and a lack of need for them (sound familiar?) has left only a small number of SDU left and no operational SDU units exist, so they have to put something together.

From your comments, you might enjoy my Vacation Gone South series which the BTDT types and M4C members have given thumbs up to so far.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast