Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire Socom 556-RC2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Surefire Socom 556-RC2

Anyone have the numbers on this suppressor yet? Just trying to gauge how much better it is than the last RC.

Dave

Feedback Score
    I've heard similar suppression with stronger baffles, muzzle device is included correct? Similar price point is also what I've heard.

Feedback Score
    They've not yet hit the stores, so independent testing is still pending. SF claims a 1-2 dB advantage with the RC2, but much stronger construction and less blowback (which I never considered a problem with the RC).

The 762 RC2 and SOCOM 300 will likely be my next suppressor purchases if SF can release them before rule 41P screws me.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I believe the big change is in the welding of baffles, which really wasn't a problem on the original SOCOMs. I think unofficially they are metering 1-2Dbs lower at the muzzle, I didn't hear anything about the 2s reducing more blowback. New end cap supposedly reduces flash even more (again not a problem on the RCs) and let's hope 41p doesn't screw anyone. I've purchased 11 cans since this crap was first proposed, I thought I was done but just knowing that damn thing is lingering makes me want to buy more.

Feedback Score
    What's the latest on 41p? Not to get too off topic (it's tangentially related).

Also - did anyone else hear that the MD will be included with the RC2? Wouldn't mind trying a warcomp...

Feedback Score
    Just checked silencershop and they're now in stock.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    They've not yet hit the stores, so independent testing is still pending. SF claims a 1-2 dB advantage with the RC2, but much stronger construction and less blowback (which I never considered a problem with the RC).

The 762 RC2 and SOCOM 300 will likely be my next suppressor purchases if SF can release them before rule 41P screws me.
    Brother, 41P is now a non sequitur in NC with the recent passage of HB 562. Among other things it makes NC a CLEO "shall sign" state. The CLEO has 15 days by law to sign forms.

Feedback Score
    That's awesome. I hope SC follows their lead.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNW View Post
    That's awesome. I hope SC follows their lead.
    We have Grass Roots NC and the NC NFA Defense Association to thank for their diligent efforts. Frankly this law makes NC one of the very best in the Union IMO - excellent economy/jobs/growth, reasonable cost of living, easy access to mountains/ocean/lakes, mild 4 season climate, excellent CCW laws, and now CLEO shall-sign. I don't plan on moving from this state.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Brother, 41P is now a non sequitur in NC with the recent passage of HB 562. Among other things it makes NC a CLEO "shall sign" state. The CLEO has 15 days by law to sign forms.
    Ya ya, rub it in Josh! With Rick Scott being about as pro-2a as you can get an republican super majorities in the FL state house and senate, I'm shocked nobody lobbied to get "shall certify" pushed through last session. I think FL is #3 to TX & GA to number of NFA items, so I bet if 41p goes through in December we will get shall certify next year.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast