Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire Socom 556-RC2

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    They've not yet hit the stores, so independent testing is still pending. SF claims a 1-2 dB advantage with the RC2, but much stronger construction and less blowback (which I never considered a problem with the RC).

The 762 RC2 and SOCOM 300 will likely be my next suppressor purchases if SF can release them before rule 41P screws me.
    Brother, 41P is now a non sequitur in NC with the recent passage of HB 562. Among other things it makes NC a CLEO "shall sign" state. The CLEO has 15 days by law to sign forms.

Feedback Score
    That's awesome. I hope SC follows their lead.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNW View Post
    That's awesome. I hope SC follows their lead.
    We have Grass Roots NC and the NC NFA Defense Association to thank for their diligent efforts. Frankly this law makes NC one of the very best in the Union IMO - excellent economy/jobs/growth, reasonable cost of living, easy access to mountains/ocean/lakes, mild 4 season climate, excellent CCW laws, and now CLEO shall-sign. I don't plan on moving from this state.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Brother, 41P is now a non sequitur in NC with the recent passage of HB 562. Among other things it makes NC a CLEO "shall sign" state. The CLEO has 15 days by law to sign forms.
    Ya ya, rub it in Josh! With Rick Scott being about as pro-2a as you can get an republican super majorities in the FL state house and senate, I'm shocked nobody lobbied to get "shall certify" pushed through last session. I think FL is #3 to TX & GA to number of NFA items, so I bet if 41p goes through in December we will get shall certify next year.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Does anyone know if they will have a mini2? I'm still waiting for my rev9 to come in *5 more months* but a sf mini is next, hoping the 2 is out by then.
    According to Garin they are doing the RC-2, the SB-2, then the Mini-2.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VelveteenMole View Post
    According to Garin they are doing the RC-2, the SB-2, then the Mini-2.
    From what I understand the only model that will not be made in the SOCOM 2 configuration will be the 6.8 SOCOM, but I believe Surefire will continue to manufacture 6.8 SOCOM 1s, so the 762 & 762 mini will also be coming.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    That is great new. I had not heard that it passed last week.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Can anyone tell me if the Surefire Socom556-RC was really that much louder than its competitors? I know that the sound level shouldn't be a determining factor, but I was just curious. I've seen on these boards people stating that the Surefire isn't any louder (sound the same, maybe lower tone), some saying that they're slightly louder. I was dead set on getting the socom556-RC2 but I had a store owner giving me details on a suppressor I should also consider, the Dead Air Sandman S. The mounting system for the Surefire was a huge selling point for me, but when he demonstrated the mounting system for the Sandman I was impressed. Unfortunately he didn't have a Surefire for me to compare it with. Anyone in here that can give me the facts that own a surefire and have tried others? Silencer Shop has both in stock and I'm having a hard time here. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    They just shipped to dealers so it may be a while before you get an answer from anyone with actual experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah, I know. I was wanting to hear responses regarding the previous gen Socom compared with other suppressors. The new version is supposed to be 1-2db quieter and I'm assuming that they achieved this without increasing blowback. The Sandman S when mounted was solid, no wiggle at all, and I wanted to hear from anyone that may have used the Sandman and a previous gen Socom and get a comparison on the mounting systems since the Surefire hasn't changed for the RC2.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast