Thread: Surefire Socom 556-RC2

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Ahh I see. My fault, sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The wait begins! Picked one up from Silencer Shop and I'm looking forward to updates!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfAGunn View Post
    Yeah, I know. I was wanting to hear responses regarding the previous gen Socom compared with other suppressors. The new version is supposed to be 1-2db quieter and I'm assuming that they achieved this without increasing blowback. The Sandman S when mounted was solid, no wiggle at all, and I wanted to hear from anyone that may have used the Sandman and a previous gen Socom and get a comparison on the mounting systems since the Surefire hasn't changed for the RC2.
    I have the Surefire SOCOM556-RC and I've also attended a Dead Air demo day and in my personal opinion the Surefire is a much more robust unit with a mounting system that locks in place the first time everytime and is rock solid after a simple twist of the locking mechanism.
    I'm not sure why Surefire found a need to come out with a RC-2 because mine has had zero problems and a reduction in 2 decibels is barely discernible to the human ear.
    RANGE TIME on Facebook
    RANGE TIME on Instagram
    RANGE TIME on Twitter
    NRA Life Member/RSO

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ex95B10 View Post
    I have the Surefire SOCOM556-RC and I've also attended a Dead Air demo day and in my personal opinion the Surefire is a much more robust unit with a mounting system that locks in place the first time everytime and is rock solid after a simple twist of the locking mechanism.
    I'm not sure why Surefire found a need to come out with a RC-2 because mine has had zero problems and a reduction in 2 decibels is barely discernible to the human ear.
    Thank you for your reply. I'm going to do my best to patiently wait for my suppressor.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ex95B10 View Post
    The RC2 is made with more efficient automated processes, read-- faster and cheaper, while making the welds stronger. They took the opportunity of the redesign to improve the geometry of the endcap regarding first round flash, added a practical strike bezel, and apparently found a way to further reduce backpressure without losing sound suppression.
    Last edited by VelveteenMole; 09-08-15 at 09:12.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VelveteenMole View Post
    The RC2 is made with more efficient automated processes, read-- faster and cheaper, while making the welds stronger. They took the opportunity of the redesign to improve the geometry of the endcap regarding first round flash, added a practical strike bezel, and apparently found a way to further reduce backpressure without losing sound suppression.
    Anyone know if there is a reduction of FRP? If so this would solve my only small gripe with the otherwise perfect SOCOM cans...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    Anyone know if there is a reduction of FRP? If so this would solve my only small gripe with the otherwise perfect SOCOM cans...
    I haven't seen anyone who would know mention it, so I assume that means no. Does it seem greater than other comparable cans?

Feedback Score
    on all of our testing the SOCOM cans do not have a FRP with the ammo we use (mil ammo mostly). It records the data pretty even of 1-2 dB across all the shots. (3 ten round samples). The new SOCOM2 series does have new technology and something really good is coming down the pipe line at the end of the month.
    Garin Lee
    SureFire Suppressor Division
    Garin@SureFire.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudu22 View Post
    on all of our testing the SOCOM cans do not have a FRP with the ammo we use (mil ammo mostly). It records the data pretty even of 1-2 dB across all the shots. (3 ten round samples). The new SOCOM2 series does have new technology and something really good is coming down the pipe line at the end of the month.
    I've not noticed a FRP on my SOCOMS, however the testing videos I've seen such Silencer Shop's it did have FRP (so that is what I based my statement on). Anyway we can have a hint as to what is coming at the end of the month?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudu22 View Post
    I heard that the RC-2 will be shipping with a Warcomp. Is that true? Found the answer, nevermind.

I'm looking forward to the end of the month!!

Thanks K!
    Last edited by SonOfAGunn; 09-13-15 at 13:42. Reason: Found the answer.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast