Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire Socom 556-RC2

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The shooters are industry guys who have daily access to shoot these cans all day long. Just because one batch of industry guys are telling me this does not make it true or false and that is why I am asking here. And there are enough shooting industry guys on here that I am sure many have gotten to run these cans for at least one range session or more.
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Fundi View Post
    The shooters are industry guys who have daily access to shoot these cans all day long. Just because one batch of industry guys are telling me this does not make it true or false and that is why I am asking here. And there are enough shooting industry guys on here that I am sure many have gotten to run these cans for at least one range session or more.
    I think that we get very little from these anonymous, 2nd hand non-reviews. If there is a question to be asked, then by all means - ask it. Just say, "Hey, does anyone have early experience with the SOCOM-2 line?" However, there is no point in prefacing it with what amounts to a negative review from industry insiders if you're not prepared to identify the source and shooting conditions such as weapon, ammo, etc.
    Last edited by Sensei; 11-20-15 at 08:57.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Its not a 2nd Hand Non-Review... I am asking a direct question and am not going to drop some good men into the meat grinder for giving me their opinion. Like I said I am huge Surefire supporter, but not a fanboy. I am asking a reasonable question to learn other's objective and personal or professional critiques of the subject at hand on a forum that was created just for that reason. Why don't we just let people give their experience and find out the answer... ?
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    The SOCOM 762RC2's are now in-stock at SS. I added one to the 300 SPS and 556RC2 that are already in jail. I will post a mini-review (minus dB numbers) once I have them in hand and will compare them to my KAC QDCs (556 and 556 CQB) and SilencerCo Omega.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    The SOCOM 762RC2's are now in-stock at SS. I added one to the 300 SPS and 556RC2 that are already in jail. I will post a mini-review (minus dB numbers) once I have them in hand and will compare them to my KAC QDCs (556 and 556 CQB) and SilencerCo Omega.
    Well, with an RC2 in jail right now, and having recently seen that the RC2s no longer have blast baffle vents like the original RC, I'm definitely wondering if I'm going to be utterly pissed that I passed up on cheaper RCs to wait for the RC2 precisely because they claimed further back-pressure reduction along with all the other little improvements. Time will tell... but it seems like a weird thing for some guys to just pull out of their asses. This is making for a very unpleasant wait.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Who are the shooters telling you this? The first RC2s hit shelves about a month ago so nobody's Form 4 has cleared yet. It will be at least a couple of months before anyone can give much first hand experience.

In terms of lock-up tightness, it has the same mounting system as the RC.
    I'm not sure if it would have an effect on the lock-up tightness, but from SF's site in reference to the RC2:

"A new indexing system and computer controlled welding means this suppressor securely mounts to a SureFire muzzle brake or flash hider even more solidly than our previous models, and is easier to remove after extended firing since the index tab is in a low carbon-buildup area."

I know based on what it's saying it seems like the new models should be more tight and not less tight, but the fact that they did make a change does give some feasibility to the so-called "anonymous, 2nd hand non-reviews".

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by plinkerr View Post
    From Garin: "Price reduction has happened. Pretty big drop too. With the new pricing a adapter is not included as it was before but the price drop is a lot more than a muzzle device."

He also said that the new pricing was released on October 1st and that they even offered it on suppressors that were awaiting ATF approval.

So far I haven't been able to find any dealers/shops that have the RC2's with the new pricing, does anyone know of a place that does?

Silencer Shop has the new pricing. Original MSRP was $1375, now it's $1046. I contacted Silencer Shop asking if they were doing any type of price adjustment after reading your quote from Garin, they said that was out of their hands and I needed to speak with my LGS that the suppressor is getting sent to. Spoke with them, they told me that I should take that up with silencershop.com. Bummed.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    RC2 shows up as $899 for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jstalford View Post
    RC2 shows up as $899 for me.

$999 for me. How are there three different prices?
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    I think it depends on your local dealers

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast