Thread: Foursevens lights custom programming

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Foursevens lights custom programming

I was looking on their site and they offer custom programming on their lights for $10. It would be great if this was a standard option for other companies as well. Took a shot and ordered one that was high output only. The lights are really slim and disappear in the pocket compared to my surefire fury but the surefire is more robust.

http://www.foursevens.com/products/QK2L-X-AF-34

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MGWS View Post
    I was looking on their site and they offer custom programming on their lights for $10. It would be great if this was a standard option for other companies as well. Took a shot and ordered one that was high output only. The lights are really slim and disappear in the pocket compared to my surefire fury but the surefire is more robust.

http://www.foursevens.com/products/QK2L-X-AF-34
    I had a few tactical lights and really liked it, but they have discontinued the tactical and pro line. I bought it for the ability to change between 2 modes with a twist of the lens head with out clicking through many modes to get to the one I wanted. I keep it on max and twist to a lower setting when needed.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bjxds View Post
    I had a few tactical lights and really liked it, but they have discontinued the tactical and pro line. I bought it for the ability to change between 2 modes with a twist of the lens head with out clicking through many modes to get to the one I wanted. I keep it on max and twist to a lower setting when needed.
    You can point your finger at Surefire for that one. It had something to do with 4seven lights being able to Lego or something.

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...-infringement&
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    It's a $50 Chicom light with to much fiddle factor. A good light doesn't need anything more than click-on click-off and a minimum of 500 ANSI/NEMA FL-1 lumens of power.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by H Wyman View Post
    It's a $50 Chicom light with to much fiddle factor. A good light doesn't need anything more than click-on click-off and a minimum of 500 ANSI/NEMA FL-1 lumens of power.
    You are about as fun as a wet blanket. Not all lights need to be super bright and be eye searing within 100 feet. The best lights are ones that emit usable light, whatever the application, not retina burning light sabers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    A good carry light needs to start up on a low enough mode to not destroy your night vision or immediately broadcast your location to everyone inside 200yrds, and it needs to be able to step up to real light quickly and without fiddling. Preference in beam pattern and color temperature are a discussion in an of themselves. There are a number of good solutions, mostly from Asia, that have proven quite reliable. I own and enjoy a number of Surefire lights but there are a lot of as-good if not better, and surely more affordable options in 2015. FourSevens is a standup company with good products and service.

Weapon mounted/high abuse lights are a slightly different story, but there are still options these days.