Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Minis

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    "Durability and robustness" is a good goal... in a very expensive, federally registered product.

"Shift repeatability" is a good performance aspect to shoot for... not that it matters much at the close range most suppressors (ones named CQB) are likely to be used at.

For a company who makes suppressors to say that their sound (why people buy suppressors) "is going to disappoint" does not instill confidence.

PR guy didn't do his (her) job right.

As a suppressor novice looking for my first can, and all these internet claims are confusing. So much research is needed to make a good choice on such an expensive product that I won't get to use for months after buying.
    I would encourage you to do a lot of searching and reading of this site as sound suppression is not the only reason you may want a suppressor. Blowback, repeatability, size and weight, durability, mounting systems, all these play a role in choosing the right can for the job. This is especially true in the mini category.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    The small volume suppressors cannot meet their larger volume brothers on suppression, thus, if suppression is the prime factor in the choice, it's the wrong choice.
    If somebody said that they wanted to haul lumber, and I told them that a motorcycle is a bad choice, I don't think that I'd be a bad motorcycle salesman. In this case, I'd recommend one of the QDC suppressors, there is a reason that we make multiple options.

When it comes to NFA items, intent and desire need to balance against reality. I maintain a much happier user base by being direct abd honest about performance and expectation, and meeting their needs.
    I appreciate the directness and honesty as its saves us all a lot of time not weeding through the with PR BS!

Feedback Score
    The small volume suppressors cannot meet their larger volume brothers on suppression, thus, if suppression is the prime factor in the choice, it's the wrong choice.
    If somebody said that they wanted to haul lumber, and I told them that a motorcycle is a bad choice, I don't think that I'd be a bad motorcycle salesman. In this case, I'd recommend one of the QDC suppressors, there is a reason that we make multiple options.

When it comes to NFA items, intent and desire need to balance against reality. I maintain a much happier user base by being direct abd honest about performance and expectation, and meeting their needs.

I've been a member, IP, and moderator here well before my current employment. I bring the same directness and honesty as always.

From Tapatalk:
    Jack Leuba
    Knight's Armament Company: Military/Govt Product Liaison
    F2S Consulting: Director of Shooting Stuff
    Well said.
    Keep making cans that are durable as hell. Wish I had gone KAC instead of AAC the first time around.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Would it be fair to say if suppression was the prime factor, 5.56 is the wrong choice in general?

That was my conclusion based on wanting "Hollywood Quiet" and is what sent me down the 300BLK path for shooting in my backyard.

I do have Gemtech Trek in NFA jail, its about the same weight as a AAC Mini+FH/MB but 1" longer. Not quite a mini, but it was cheap!

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    Would it be fair to say if suppression was the prime factor, 5.56 is the wrong choice in general?

That was my conclusion based on wanting "Hollywood Quiet" and is what sent me down the 300BLK path for shooting in my backyard.

I do have Gemtech Trek in NFA jail, its about the same weight as a AAC Mini+FH/MB but 1" longer. Not quite a mini, but it was cheap!
    I would agree.
    My personal favorite suppressor application is .22 pistols.

I highly recommend that folks that don't have experience with suppressors try some out to figure out what their priorities are before getting locked into anything, and bear in mind that there are different models in pretty much everyone's lineup for different applications.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Hollywood quiet is somewhat of a rare thing in the real world.
    Is it attainable? Yes, it is. However, this usually means a full sized suppressor, on a closed system weapon (like a bolt gun), firing subsonic ammunition.
    Otherwise, you get breech noise coming out the ejection port, and bullet Crack, and some muzzle noise. Going oversize on the suppressor can mitigate muzzle noise, and maybe some breech noise due to less back pressure, but not bullet Crack from a supersonic projectile.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
    NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Finally got a tan KAC QDC CQB on order today, was waiting for silencershop to get them in stock but boltcarrier had one in stock and a little bit cheaper to boot.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Thanks everyone for your feedback. As an update I ended up going with the AAC mini. The price was too good to pass up.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Thanks everyone for your feedback. As an update I ended up going with the AAC mini. The price was too good to pass up.
    Good luck, and I hope that you have a positive experience with that Mini.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    I was happy with the noise suppression on my 11.5, but the muzzle flash really surprised me- hence why I went to a SOCOM. My Mini lives on a 14.5 now.
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123