Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sight Pushers

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Yep, they had me send in my PPQ slide when the sight pro first came out. I'd say if you have or plan on having more than 3 or 4 different hamdguns get a sight pro. I was able to sell all my various sight pushers to pY for the SP.

BTW if I remember correctly my standard (not sight pro) MGW pusher for Glocks actually fit my M&P as well.
    Last edited by mkmckinley; 08-20-15 at 08:05.

Feedback Score
    Watrdawg,

How many different types of handguns have you used your sight pusher tool on? I have HK's, Sigs, S&W, and Glocks. Did you have any difficulty with awkward shaped slides like the front of S&W M&P/Shield?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    This is the one I've been using for the last 6 months. Works great and will work for a variety of handguns. At $79 it's awful hard to beat.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Handgun-Sigh...item25a0828723

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    The downfall of most pushers is the inability to keep the slide from torqing. The sight pro grabs the rails, then 4 pads against the sides and finally a large pad on top with a micro adjustment to keep it off the slide. Even the single mgw tools aren't as good.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fourty5cal View Post
    Watrdawg,

How many different types of handguns have you used your sight pusher tool on? I have HK's, Sigs, S&W, and Glocks. Did you have any difficulty with awkward shaped slides like the front of S&W M&P/Shield?

Thanks,

I've used this tool on my G19 and also my M&P 45 Midsized. No problems at all. This tool locks the slide in on both sides and also from the bottom. It is very solid. Previously I had a sight tool from Glockmeister that broke the first time I tried to install sights on my G19. It's a piece of crap.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I bought this tool with the shim set. It should cover just about any pistol and is strong enough to push out hard to remove XD sights. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Handgun-Sigh...item3aaea1b4a4

The Fisher video recommends using a business card to protect the slide finish, but I use a piece of boot leather. You also want to use a little masking tape to protect the sight finish. I suggest using tape and leather to protect the finish regardless of which tool you decide to purchase.
    Last edited by T2C; 08-20-15 at 14:48.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Am I the only one who uses a hammer and brass punch?

How frequently do you guys change out handgun sights??
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

I would never use a hammer and brass punch on tritium sights. I change out roughly a dozen sets of sights each year.
    Last edited by T2C; 08-20-15 at 14:51.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

For me, only with a new gun to add preferred sights, until I find something I like better.

I find a pusher to be much easier to fine tune the sights position and at least with the adjustable height of the sight pro, easier and more gentle to install front sights.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

I've only changed out 3-4 sets of sights over the last couple of years. However, why worry about the trouble of a hammer and brass punch when is is so much easier with a good sight tool.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    A dozen sights a year? Well obviously it makes sense for a professional. For me, I don't see the point in incurring the extra costs for a sight pusher despite iT being easier to use. $10 for a front sight tool and I already have the punch and hammer and files.

I have installed several tritium sights on Glocks with a punch and hammer. They are still glowing years later. If you lightly tap them from the base there is no issue.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast