Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Knights SR15 E3 Carbine MOD2 and .223 questions. ...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Our 16" Mod 1s have been boringly reliable. Accuracy probably better than average: hitting 1" dots at 100 yards with a x6 scope is not an issue.
    We run H2 buffers, suppressed or not. A couple of spare parts sets will ease your worries if the Barbarians ever come knocking at your door if the $h!t ever hits the fan...
    SBRs are nice, but it all depends what you expect to do with your carbine. Do not expect the same suppressed performance out of an 11.5" or 14.5", but I do not know it it is a concern to you.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Do you not have a spare bolt for your standard AR?

The KAC bolt may be more expensive, but the juice is worth the squeeze to many.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    If you have any questions about KAC, feel free to hit me up.
    I'm on the Govvie side, but stay in touch with the commercial side products as well (as they all evolved from the Gov side anyway).
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Knight's makes pinnacle products related to their rifle evolutions. When another competitor gets close, Knight's ups them one, and keeps that trend up. I would tend to say that they have enough info gathered that they have succeeded so far in that respect.
    Early E3 SR15s ran like a dream with 5.56 ammo, those are still amazing rifles, but they suffer some issues with other ammo with other issues. Later models ran a larger gas port, with the sacrifice of some of the smoothness for a wider range of function with other than good 556 ammo. The MOD1 versions use the same port, with other advantages. Same with the MOD2 that offers even more advantages, plus the "throwback" to the older SR25 type gas block retention, among other things. Smaller gas tweaks have been made, but not by a large margin.
    My early MOD2 16" came with a 3 ounce buffered system. I would expect that they would offer the better performing H2 carbine system as a standard later on 16" guns, instead of the SBR's only, with appropriate porting in the future. Or, they could simply use a SR25 RE, with an extended length buffer with the rifle spring, that would be excellent.

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    Both 16,14.5, and 11.5

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    If you have any questions about KAC, feel free to hit me up.
    I'm on the Govvie side, but stay in touch with the commercial side products as well (as they all evolved from the Gov side anyway).
    Just for giggles..... I want a spare BCG..... How much will it cost and how long will it take to get?? Imagine the theme song from the Jeopardy Show playing in the background.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Just for giggles..... I want a spare BCG..... How much will it cost and how long will it take to get?? Imagine the theme song from the Jeopardy Show playing in the background.
    Good question. I would be interested in this information as well.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I can only do mil and LE direct. Otherwise, I'd have to direct you to boltcarrier.com or operation parts.
    If you have creds, email me at jleuba@knightarmco.com.

From Tapatalk:
    Jack Leuba
    Knight's Armament Company: Military/Govt Product Liaison
    F2S Consulting: Director of Shooting Stuff
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    SR-15 Enhanced Round Lug Bolt Assembly at Boltcarrier.com for $212.72.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    http://www.kingopticusa.com/KAC_STRI...p/kac20433.htm

Stripped bolt. Many other "proprietary" parts in stock as well.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast