Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: My PSA Journey

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Double tap
    Last edited by Chipper78; 02-11-16 at 14:16.

Feedback Score
    I recently bought a PSA M4 Premium. Let me first give you a run down of the AR's I've had in the past. Colt SP, Colt 6920, Bushmaster, LMT, Ruger and Armalite. The PSA "IMO" is every bit as good to go as the rest of them, and better than some. I would not hesitate for a second to recommend the M4 Premium. I paid $650 for mine brand new. The value vs quality is unbeatable based on my experience with the above.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay H View Post
    I recently bought a PSA M4 Premium. Let me first give you a run down of the AR's I've had in the past. Colt SP, Colt 6920, Bushmaster, LMT, Ruger and Armalite. The PSA "IMO" is every bit as good to go as the rest of them, and better than some. I would not hesitate for a second to recommend the M4 Premium. I paid $650 for mine brand new. The value vs quality is unbeatable based on my experience with the above.
    Experience how? Seriously. All you've stated is that you physically owned them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 02-11-16 at 15:14.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Bingo. PSA's reputation isn't because everyone hates on them out of jealously or something. After all, if they put out the same product as BCM for $150 less why wouldn't I buy them?

But they don't. Quality is hit or miss at best and shipping times/errors border theft. If you've ordered from PSA (I have) and gotten your items (I have) you played the game and won. I'm still trying to find all these posts of BCM, Noveske, DD, and other companies PSA is "just as good as" putting out so many mistakes. TOS has a thread directed at PSA titled "Where is my

order?" because it takes so damn long.

Here is 1 out of 11,000+ replies:

Everyone likes to point out that "PSA uses CHF FN Barrels!" That's great! I will go into my garage and start assembling complete FN-sourced part uppers on my bench vice with my Harbor Freight torque wrench. I'll even ship faster and more accurately than PSA. Which of you guys would buy from me?

I've seen the anti-M4C posts all over the internet about being fanboys and shit. It's whatever. The truth is none of us give a shit anymore if you buy an inferior product. The information is out there. If you buy something, it works, and you're happy with it, why do you care what we think? People who buy PSAs are doing so to save money and feel like they got an equivalent product. So you have guys who are usually assholes to begin with (gun guys) compounding that with an even bigger type of asshole ("thrifty" gentlemen) Confirmation bias permeates threads like these and it's no wonder.

They don't want to face the reality that if PSA offered exactly the same product as the other guys why are they so much less expensive? Basic economics would say that equally substitute products would force BCM and the others to lower their prices in order to stay economically relevant. Either AR15s don't obey the laws of economics or PSA's production must be different...
    Well I'm glad that it doesn't bother you.
    Earth has always been a dangerous place to live, be prepared!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    The truth is none of us give a shit anymore if you buy an inferior product.

That sums it up nicely.

These people aren't on my squad or department, they won't ever be protecting my family, friends or house. I don't even care if they have a weapon or not, never mind what type it is.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Experience how? Seriously. All you've stated is that you physically owned them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    My experience with shooting them. Assembly and finish quality. and overall ownership experience. I've had two ARs that were problematic when new. A Bushmaster that was short stroking due to the gas carrier key having been improperly torqued/staked from the factory. And an LMT that would not zero because of alignment issues. I've had other LMTs with no issues, I just got a Lemon that can happen to any manufacture. Oh I also forgot to mention that I've owned a couple of Rock River Arms. Other than the two mentioned, I've been happy with all the ARs I've owned. As far as the PSA goes, it is "IMO" the best bang for the buck AR I've ever had. Again "IMO"
    Last edited by Jay H; 02-11-16 at 16:47.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    After buying a PSA you may find yourself saying, "Maybe I should have bought a BCM, Daniel Defense, Colt, or LMT!". After buying a BCM, Daniel Defense, Colt, or LMT you will never find yourself saying, "Maybe I should have bought a PSA!".

The bitterness of inferior quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. Buy once cry once!
    Live free or die trying!

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=5.56Geo;2266136]After buying a PSA you may find yourself saying, "Maybe I should have bought a BCM, Daniel Defense, Colt, or LMT!". After buying a BCM, Daniel Defense, Colt, or LMT you will never find yourself saying, "Maybe I should have bought a PSA!".

I highly doubt I'll regret the PSA purchase. Not at that price/quality point. BTW the PSA has the best out of box mil-spec trigger I've ever had. Smooth, no grit, and breaks clean. Luck of the draw maybe?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56Geo View Post
    After buying a PSA you may find yourself saying, "Maybe I should have bought a BCM, Daniel Defense, Colt, or LMT!". After buying a BCM, Daniel Defense, Colt, or LMT you will never find yourself saying, "Maybe I should have bought a PSA!".

The bitterness of inferior quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. Buy once cry once!
    I haven't had that experience, and I have two BCM uppers, an LE6920, and a PSA Premium upper. My PSA upper has had more rounds downrange (at least 5,000) than my two BCM's and LE6920 combined and the PSA has better accuracy to boot over them all. I've never had a problem with PSA period in my sample of 21 orders either. I understand all companies have problems, that's especially the nature of high volume business. I understand what PSA is, and can appreciate them for what they are. If I have a problem out of PSA, how they take care of it will matter a heckuva lot to me. Until then, all I can tell is what experiences I've had so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    I don't have problem with PSA, but I know what they are. I may be a noob here, but I have been around this game for 25+ years. Nothing PSA cranks out screams junk to me, (for the most part) but it also is not anything more than what they price it as. I myself found it hard to NOT bite on some of the deals they throw out there at times. The "blemished" midlength kit I bought on black friday for $399 with their chrome lined "premium" barrel, premium bolt carrier group, and Magpul furniture IMHO was a good buy............I could think of a lot worse things to spend $400 on.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast