Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: My PSA Journey

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wouldn't trust any rifle "off the rack" for the type of serious use you described. Regardless of brand, before its suitable for "serious use" it has to be tested and proven to perform. Anything else is like leaving your fate to a roll of the dice.

Feedback Score
    Battlefield Las Vegas

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    He is most likely referring to barrels where the barrel and extension have been QPQ/Melonited/Nitrided and the barrel extension has loosened due to the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Livefreeordie92 View Post
    Say what?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwagon View Post
    I wouldn't trust any rifle "off the rack" for the type of serious use you described. Regardless of brand, before its suitable for "serious use" it has to be tested and proven to perform. Anything else is like leaving your fate to a roll of the dice.
    If your LE/MIL armorer hands you a rifle "off the rack", you have little say in the matter.
    "His Universe, His rules." - Tomac

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomac View Post
    If your LE/MIL armorer hands you a rifle "off the rack", you have little say in the matter.
    In that case this entire discussion is moot, because you then have to trust that your organization made the right decisions in testing, purchasing and maintenance. Brand name still has nothing to do with it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There is no reason to justify our purchases on this or any forum. Most of us will never be in combat. In a home invasion you will not likely empty a mag so, for most of us all our guns are range toys. If you join the military you will be issued a gun made by the lowest bidder, even worst if you are LE. So enjoy your toys and ignore the internet commandos.
    Carry on!
    Earth has always been a dangerous place to live, be prepared!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I built a PSA AR with Anderson lower just before 2014 blackfriday. It now have over 3k rounds in it roughly 90% steel case between tula, brownbear, and Wolf. The first 500 rounds was shot bone dry after manually cycling about 100 time because toolcraft bolt was tight (wouldn't go in battery without aid of forward assist when ease forward). Still to this day I had zero failure/malfunction of any kid. PSA IS NOT A GAMBLE. PSA is way to go. They use L. W. Schneider small parts and upper+lower (used to be aero precision for older upper+lower) L. W. supplied alot other higher quality ar maker. For barrel PSA use either mossberg, FN, or wilson. Their current freedom line upper are made in house i heard. Mine was pre freedom series non premium with L. W. upper and mossberg barrel. PSA use toolcraft for all of their BCG which is god teir good. Toolcraft is mil contract bcg maker.

It was built for $460, it have long accumulated upgrade or change such as swapping furniture for a2 handguard and CAR instead of m4 handguard and waffleside stock. It now have geissele s3g and raptor charging handle in it. It had springco red coded buffer spring and st-t2 buffer.

PSA is good shit.
    Last edited by SmugPePe; 02-16-16 at 22:25.

Feedback Score

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by SmugPePe View Post
    I built a PSA AR with Anderson lower just before 2014 blackfriday. It now have over 3k rounds in it roughly 90% steel case between tula, brownbear, and Wolf. The first 500 rounds was shot bone dry after manually cycling about 100 time because toolcraft bolt was tight (wouldn't go in battery without aid of forward assist when ease forward). Still to this day I had zero failure/malfunction of any kid. PSA IS NOT A GAMBLE. PSA is way to go. They use L. W. Schneider small parts and upper+lower (used to be aero precision for older upper+lower) L. W. supplied alot other higher quality ar maker. For barrel PSA use either mossberg, FN, or wilson. Their current freedom line upper are made in house i heard. Mine was pre freedom series non premium with L. W. upper and mossberg barrel. PSA use toolcraft for all of their BCG which is god teir good. Toolcraft is mil contract bcg maker.

It was built for $460, it have long accumulated upgrade or change such as swapping furniture for a2 handguard and CAR instead of m4 handguard and waffleside stock. It now have geissele s3g and raptor charging handle in it. It had springco red coded buffer spring and st-t2 buffer.

PSA is good shit.
    Yes, but is it good enough for "Serious Use?".....LOL

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmugPePe View Post

PSA is good shit.
    A sample size of one. Many others have not had such luck. Coming on here and declaring "PSA is good shit" isn't doing anyone any favors. Quite the opposite.

They can source their parts from wherever they please but the QC applied to these parts isn't the same at better manufacturers. What PSA accepts through their QC from a particular manufacturer is not the same as a better company will accept from the same exact manufacturer. Those parts may be from a reputable manufacturer that were rejected and sold as seconds.

Coming on here and declaring PSA is "just as good as" is an irresponsible, and disingenuous, thing to do.

Feedback Score
    OK all you PSA fans, jump in and let's get this "Sample Size" up. My PSA is "Good Shit" also. There, a sample size of 2. Sorry if I'm being irresponsible.

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast