Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: My PSA Journey

Feedback Score
    What's going on in here? I thought the general consensus was that PSA sucks? Am I on ARFCOM or something?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    What's going on in here? I thought the general consensus was that PSA sucks? Am I on ARFCOM or something?
    I was actually thinking the exact same thing - blown away.

Maybe the folks on the other side of the argument (I'm in that category based on my few experiences) are just tired of getting into the same squabble that happens when these threads pop up...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    A lot of people must be away on vacation or something...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I bought one of their lowers for $159, which I think is a good deal. I must admit that a BCM BFH upper rides on it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HighDesert View Post
    A lot of people must be away on vacation or something...
    Ok, I'm back from vacation.

We're currently living in the Golden Era of La AR15, and there are TONS of other excellent choices available for only a little more money - a Colt 6920 comes to mind...

PSA is a gamble, one which I am not willing to take.

Feedback Score
    One of my older brothers, and a nephew, have a complete PSA rifle. Theirs has ran perfectly as well. I have an M&P 15, and it has ran well too, but I spent way more on mine than what they have in theirs. I plan on ordering a PSA lower around Christmas time, then the upper about a month later. Great rifle for the money.
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    For a fun gun, go ahead and roll the dice. For a serious use or possible serious use, you may want to explore other options.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

My PSA Journey

PSA coming out of the closet thread? Interesting. I guess I'll share my experience too;

Bought a PSA rifle build kit in 2008. 16" CHF midlength FN marked barrel, BCG, LPK, buffer tube, buffer, buffer spring, charging handle, etc. (before they had premium, freedom, standard, blah blah blah). 13,000 + rounds of every type of ammo available (most of the ammo used was MFS 55 grain nickel coated Russian ammo as it was very cheap at the time) and only one problem. At 3,500+- rounds, I started having some failure to extract malfunctions. Installed a BCM extractor spring upgrade kit and never had a single malfunction since. Many classes (Pat Mac, John McPhee, etc) a few first place finishes in local Practical Rifle Matches, 3 gun tournaments, and just good old plinking.

The rifle has since been designated to the back of the safe for some new builds (mostly BCM, Daniel Defense, Sonics, Noveske, Colt) but the PSA still Dons an Aimpoint Pro, and is ready to go.
    Last edited by Mustang31; 08-22-15 at 21:12.

Feedback Score
    Mustang31, I was waiting to hear about the durability through carbine classes. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Has anyone ever been to a class that was just really hard on guns? All the ones I've been to were just regular outside conditions in the Southern USA. Sometimes rainy, sometimes dusty. Nothing that killed guns.

Seen a lot of junkers not run, but it wasn't the classes fault...

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast