Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Noveske NSR barrel nut timing-pulling hair!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cst View Post
    Wish the KmR would come out in MLok..
    Why?

C4

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    What a great idea. Do these install between the extension and the receiver....?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This rail makes me want to kick baby lions.
    Imagine the outrage that would ensue.

I like the NSR just fine, but installation can be unpleasant if you are expecting an exact torque value. I had one nut index at 40 lb/ft and another at something just over 80 lb/ft. I cannot remember how many times I torqued, loosened, and re-torqued trying to get it to index at a lower value, but I finally decided that life was still worth living where it ended up and went on about my business.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLarge View Post
    What a great idea. Do these install between the extension and the receiver....?

Between the barrel nut and the receiver.

C4

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    I recently installed NSR rails on 2 different builds. After reading how to install and time the barrel nut I was a bit intimidated, but the process turned out to be quick. I hand tightened each side of the barrel nut until I found the one that lined up closest to what Noveske suggests. I used aeroshell grease and torqued it to 40 pounds and loosened it twice. On the third attempt at 40 it was just slightly off. Set it to 60 and slightly tightened it just a hair. I checked to be sure the screws would install while the upper rail and handguard rail aligned. It took about 2 or 3 tries tightening it a little at a time before it was perfect. All told it took less than 10 minutes and I love the look and feel of these rails.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    U
    Quote Originally Posted by wigbones View Post
    I recently installed NSR rails on 2 different builds. After reading how to install and time the barrel nut I was a bit intimidated, but the process turned out to be quick. I hand tightened each side of the barrel nut until I found the one that lined up closest to what Noveske suggests. I used aeroshell grease and torqued it to 40 pounds and loosened it twice. On the third attempt at 40 it was just slightly off. Set it to 60 and slightly tightened it just a hair. I checked to be sure the screws would install while the upper rail and handguard rail aligned. It took about 2 or 3 tries tightening it a little at a time before it was perfect. All told it took less than 10 minutes and I love the look and feel of these rails.
    Sadly, yours is not a universal experience in installing that rail. Good for you though...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wigbones View Post
    You need to play the lottery, because damn you're lucky.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123