Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 62gr .223 Federal Trophy Bonded Tip

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Searched, l found these listed at most sites, but out of stock...anyone have an ETA for availability?
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    I found them at a LGS for under $25. It's been in stock every time I've gone there, and seems to be getting refreshed pretty frequently.

It's some very nice looking ammo, and I'm eager to see how it runs. I also plan to do some ballistics testing with it through barriers.

You might want to work on your Google-fu a little bit. Looks to be in stock at the following.

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/fede...-p-144336.html

http://www.wholesalehunter.com/produ...uctid=11117148

http://www.outdoorgearbarn.com/p-825...20-rounds.aspx

Given that it's marketed as a hunting bullet, I expect it to continue to be more and more plentiful. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up on the shelves at Gander, Cabela's and Field and Stream in the near future.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    thanks kdubya!
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    why don't people reload? you can put together some fine hunting/fighting ammo with Nosler 60 gr partition sp's, for 50c each

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by helluva View Post
    why don't people reload? you can put together some fine hunting/fighting ammo with Nosler 60 gr partition sp's, for 50c each
    A valid point. Comparable ammo can certainly be put together for much cheaper. But some don't hunt and others don't believe in using hand-loaded ammo for defensive purposes.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by helluva View Post
    Some people have kids, limited space as it is and/or a significant other that for whatever reason(s) does not want reloading in the home. I'm sure other people have other reasons as well, but these are what keep me from reloading.

I would complain about it, and accept others' complaints about it, but she has her own guns, shoots and doesn't snoop through the safe as long as I keep her ammo supply healthy, guns clean and her stuff front and center accessible.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    Some people have kids, limited space as it is and/or a significant other that for whatever reason(s) does not want reloading in the home. I'm sure other people have other reasons as well, but these are what keep me from reloading.

I would complain about it, and accept others' complaints about it, but she has her own guns, shoots and doesn't snoop through the safe as long as I keep her ammo supply healthy, guns clean and her stuff front and center accessible.
    You'd have to be a fool not to take that deal.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    You'd have to be a fool not to take that deal.
    I agree. I'm actually thinking about making a quote in my signature with some of Colt's reply. He's discovered the key to eternal bliss, lol.

-Army Chief

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234