What the heck, I'll play.

My daily grab bag isn't a BOB but rather a Get Home Bag as that is my primary concern. I have a decent sized, but not terrible, daily commute to work and the main purpose of my bag is to get home as quick as possible and still in one piece. In my AO the primary natural threat level would be Hurricane which gives fair warning to those paying attention. My focus in that situation is to get home and assess whether to shelter in place or grab prepped vehicle bags and evacuate to a safe area. Other threat levels (civil unrest, tornados, extensive power outages) require differing immediate action plans but I think that this daily bag gives me one hell of a head start over most others in getting back to my humble compound. It also has come in handy for the stings, cuts, splinters, etc. that seem to happen with a bit more frequency than the apocalypse.

This is a copy paste from a excel file that someone had requested from me. As OCD as it may sound I have found keeping a list for all my bags helps keep them in order and rotated. All items have been vetted and checked off with some notes and some general notes at the end. Deep breath..

GHB
water filter Sawyer Mini and squeeze bag
water tablets MSR
coffee filters
water reservoir Platypus Big Sip 1.8L
stainless bottle Klear Kanteen 32oz
rain suit Frog Toggs
cover Propper Boonie
socks ü Smartwool Hiker
mainstay 1200 (best emergency ration going)
assorted food Rotate - spam singles/jerky/energy bars/dehydrated/broken down MRE/mix of wet and dry
multi tool Leatherman Juice CS4
fixed blade ü Esse 4
Folder blade Spyderco Delica
Razor knife Commercial grade folder - lightweight as possible
lighter Bic X2
fire starter (magnesium/ferrocerium)
tinder Fast Fire cubes
Potassium Permanganate fire starter and water purifier
para cord (100ft of the real thing)
spool tool Keeps the paracord organized plus holds BIC Mini
duct tape Mini Ducks
compass Suunto
sharpie
space pen
rite in rain
boo boo kit Homemade (Ceelox kit + other assorted pieces, tweezers, band aids, iodine, etc.)
blowout kit Austere IC3 + Halo seals/combat gauze/Olaes 4"/CAT/Shears/etc
meds (your choice and needs)
hand sanitizer gel (doubles as ignition source)
wet wipes
Flashlight Fenix P22
Hand crank flashlight No Name LED model
head lamp Pietzl
batteries CR123 x 4
loaded spare mags (preferrably ones that fit YOUR F'ng EDC pistol)
ultra light stove Esbit + 4 tabs
space blanket Adventure Medical SOL
TP
solar charger Goal Zero 10
usb external battery Etronic Jupiter 787 10,000 mAh dual port battery w/built in flashlight
USB memory stick (Get one that doubles as a charger)
dust mask x 2 (one that folds flat)
gloves Mechanix padded
zip ties
carabiner Black Diamond Magnetron RockLock
whistle x 2
sunscreen
bug juice
anti histimine
chapstick (hint - wrap 1m med tape around tube to save space)
quality fingernail clippers (many uses and something most don’t think about)
sunglasses Ess - Ballistic rated with clear, amber, and smoke inserts
shemagh
sports drink powder Propel Zero
lume sticks Cyalume or Coleman
moleskin
commercial garbage bags 2 uses - use internally to keep items relatively dry and use externally to cover you and the bag to for low pro
gray is preferred, black if necessary - if you use white go ahead and paint a red circle on it while you're at it
contacts (or spare eyeglasses)
visine
spork ü CRKT
Monocular Vortex 10 x 25
Signal Mirror SOL Emergency Flash
Knot Cards PRO-KNOT Outdoor cards
Solar/hand crank radio Eton FRX2 - battery/solar/hand crank w/AM-FM-WB that can charge a smart phone

Bag is a 5.11 Rush 12, Maxpedition EDC pocket organizer carries boo boo kit plus enough other items to be a minimalist
survival kit, ITS Tallboy IFAK carries blowout kit plus CAT and shears. Both pouches are quick release Molly Stix on bag.
Total weight is 31.5lbs.

I also have 2 BaoFeng UV-5R 480mhz Ham Radios that can be thrown in

None of this includes your EDC items already on your person

I also always wear shoes I can walk home in, YMMV. I also don’t leave the house without weather appropriate clothes.
Also rotate weather appropriate headgear in the bag. Cooling headsock in summer and Carhartt beanie in winter.

Note there is no actual water in the bag, just tools to collect and purify - You should think of potential sources in advance