Thread: Headlamp recommendations?

Feedback Score

Headlamp recommendations?

Looking for the best headlamp, similar to this:
    http://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-hp4...ting-headlamp/

Required features:
    Rechargeable batteries & charger (included with headlamp would be a plus)
    Weatherproof (Just rain, snow, etc.....Need not be SEAL 300ft submersed)
    Minimum 300 lumens (15,000 lumens would be better )
    Excellent throw with adjustable beam focus
    Price no object but realistic

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Why don't you just get that one?

I prefer the HL50 right now.

I've had a Zebralight and an Armytek that didnt really do the job. Simplicity is key if it's getting used often and for different tasks.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Ya,why not that one? In fact I think I might be ordering that one next week.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    http://goinggear.com/flashlights/hea...-headlamp.html

I have a couple of these (neutral tint is very important IMO, I will gladly give up 40lm for for good color). They will accept the most recent 3400mAh 18650 Lithium ion rechargeable battery's. The reflector is a good balance between throw and flood. The user interface is intuitive. No wires and stuff, the included headband is pretty good. 'Wish goinggear had them in stock (goinggear is always running deals too so keep watch, they are a great place to buy from)

Feedback Score
    "Best" is subjective. I've used a Coast HL7 for sometime now (also my headlamp of choice for GORUCK events) and has held up well to water submersion as well. I like it better than the two Fenix I have...it has an adjustable slider for brightness (so nice to pick the exact level of light you want) and you an focus the lens from a wide angle flood for navigation/close range uses and when you need a spot, just twist the front. Super convenient.

Best of all, it's not that expensive. Outdoorgear Lab also has it as their favorite headlamp, too.

http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/Headla...iews/Coast-HL7
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    After years of running Petzls, I am trying out Black Diamond. There's nothing wrong with my Petzls. They've never lead me astray on all the major north american peaks except Denali, which weather prevented us sttempting the summit.

I am trying out the Icon, and my wife is trying out the Storm. This winters showshoe backpacking trips will see if these are as good as my trust old Petzls. I've never really had a good red light option on a headlamp, but so far, it is a requirement moving forward. This summers use backpacking so far has not brought any failures to light, and they have done/illuminated everything I have asked them to light up within reason of a small reflector.

I am not an expert, nor do I play one on the internet.