Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best/Cheapest Rail Mounted Laser For Dryfire Practice

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Best/Cheapest Rail Mounted Laser For Dryfire Practice

I am looking a cheap laser to put on my Glock 19 for dry fire practice.

I have googled them and can come up with lots of options but most of the reviews on them said they had issues out of the box.

I am not looking to shoot the gun with the laser mounted. I only want it for dry firing.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Have you looked at one of the laser training Glocks? For the life of me I can't remember the name but they can be found for around 175.00 if I am remembering correctly. Other than that if you are just working on keeping steady during your trigger pull in would think any cheap rail mounted laser would work.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Thanks for the reply.

1) I am not looking to spend anywhere near $175.

2) I used one of those Glock training pistols at a gun show. I shot it great. When it comes to the real thing, not so good with the trigger. I want to practice on my pistol that I carry.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    There is always the Leapers Baraska rail lasers guys get for airlift guns. They can be found on cheaper than dirt for 20-40 bucks.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Kev - not sure I understand, are you looking at something to put a laser dot on target and see how steady you can hold it through the press (that is what it sounds like) or are you looking for a device to put in the bore and do the same thing?

(http://www.amazon.com/Sightmark-9mm-...r&pageNumber=1)

or are you for something intermittent that is activated by the striker? Like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Train...s=laser+target

Used with one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Laser-Ammo-Ref...s=laser+target

http://www.amazon.com/CheapShot-Tact...s=laser+target

Cheap and best are kind of mutually exclusive terms.

Laserammo and Laserlyte are two I would consider for dry fire trainers.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    The sights do the same thing...

From Tapatalk:
    Jack Leuba
    Knight's Armament Company: Military/Govt Product Liaison
    F2S Consulting: Director of Shooting Stuff
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I do agree, the sights to the same thing. The nickel on the front sight while dry firing works good as well.

Feedback Score
    "Best" and "cheapest", are mutually exclusive terms. You may as well buy the cheapest thing you can find if low cost is your primary goal.
    “Detached Reflection Cannot Be Demanded in the Presence of an Uplifted Knife” ~ Brown v. United States (1921)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    What I do is dry fire the unloaded gun at a blank wall about 3 inches from the muzzle. This gives me an ultra clear sight picture without any clutter and allows me to focus on the front sight through the trigger pull. Doing the "wall drill" will allow you to practice both sight alignment and trigger control as opposed to a laser which only helps with the trigger control. Since both are important to accuracy you might as well practice both for free as opposed to spending money on a laser.

Feedback Score
    I'm not aware of any high level competitive shooters using lasers as training aids. As FTS said, just look at your sights. Get the Ben Stoeger or Mike Seeklander books instead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast