Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's time for BCM to build a BCM AR 10

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Pappabear,

Contact Sons of Liberty Gun Works in San Antonio, TX and mention me. I think they will take care of you.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    it seems everyone is getting on the 308 bandwagon....which drops the pricee...check Aero Precision

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I shot a Sig AR10 yesterday at a range. It gave a hefty kick but cycled fine and handled ok. We shot it with irons. I liked it fine but it cost damn near what a LMT cost. This guy paid $2,500 for his.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    It would be hard for me to justify buying anything other than Aero Precision for an AR-10; at least in a standard battle rifle configuration. If they (BCM) were able to produce one that consistently shoots on par with the OBR or Sr25 yet stays within a relative price point...I'm in.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Pappabear,

Contact Sons of Liberty Gun Works in San Antonio, TX and mention me. I think they will take care of you.
    Copy that. Thanks
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    If they start offering an AR in .308 I hope it won't be for AR-10 magazines.

The only reason I'd buy another AR in .308 would be if I sold my MWS and bought a SR-25.

For me personally I don't have a need for another semi .308 that my Scar 17 and MWS don't cover.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dhena81 View Post
    If they start offering an AR in .308 I hope it won't be for AR-10 magazines.

The only reason I'd buy another AR in .308 would be if I sold my MWS and bought a SR-25.

For me personally I don't have a need for another semi .308 that my Scar 17 and MWS don't cover.
    I doubt they would. Even Armalite has gone to the 308 PMag/DPMS/KAC pattern with their AR-10A's. The AR-10B mag (the steel ones you are referring to) were necessitated by the 1994 AWB, if my memory serves me correctly.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    I'd be curious to see what they'd come up with, especially if they can manage to keep the price and weight down. Regardless of what comes to fruition, I'm keeping my MWS forever.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I suspects it's a question of when, not if BCM has complete carbines that take PMags, use KMR type rails, and come with the usual BCM accoutrement.
    Price will probably be slightly over competition, but they'll sell out just because it'll probably be the first non-KAC/LMT unit that really hits all the spec sheet musts and will have an actually acceptable real-world MTBF that isn't a clone of a contract gun (again, KAC and LMT come to mind).

Here's the devil's advocate part - why should BCM be in a hurry to rush into that market? They can wait on a few key suppliers to let others figure out what the market really wants and will bear, then assess what COTS (to them) parts to use, and then start the D, T & E on their own and just wait until they've gotten it totally right. The KMR-type rail will mean they can spec a smart barrel contour and have one of the lightest handiest carbines around, and can have a more precision oriented one that still comes in where the rest of the competition sits (KAC right now owns this dualized market space with the ACC/APC).

Considering how many silly and different versions already exist (DPMS LR-308 Gen1 and just herding those supposed compatible ones into working carbines... along with DPMS GenII, RRA's dumb thing, Armalite having three different types of receiver, Colt's pseudo-modular system, CMMG's mostly-compatible version, and G3 variant, LT's proprietary barrel nut setup - LMT's MWS was always it's own deal, but that's yet another standard)...
    BCM can basically afford to treat this like it's a home run derby. Don't swing until it's right - the perfect chance to hit it out of the park is coming, so don't force it.
    Last edited by TehLlama; 09-02-15 at 21:17.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    A lot of companies in the AR15 market had some type of .308 project in the works before Sandy Hook. The panic demand afterwards shelved those plans until things could calm down, and now a lot of them are seeing more competition in the AR10 market as everybody and their brother introduces their offering.

Colt, DPMS, Midwest Industries, Lancer, Seekins, Aero Precision, PSA, American Defense Machining, Wilson Combat, Troy, and Daniel Defense have all introduced new .308's into the market just since 2014, for example.

I would like to see more companies ditch the 9" beast receiver sets, and look back at what ArmaLite and Colt were doing with the AR10A in 1959/1960. Colt and DPMS have done that with the 901 and GII, but most people are unaware that an AR15-sized AR10 was set for production back in 1960. .308 still doesn't interest me for my personal uses, but I work on them a bit, and see them in courses often.
    Last edited by LRRPF52; 09-04-15 at 12:10.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12