Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question for SBR (10.5") users: What muzzle device if not suppressed?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I rarely shoot unsuppressed, and use SF and SiCo Trifecta brakes on my SBRs.

I'm really excited for the SF Warden, and being able to alleviate the concussion to fellow shooters when I'm using just the brake.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm putting the ASR MB on my 11.5 for the Omega... I'm considering firing it once without the can... once.

Feedback Score
    I usually use an A2 until I slap a "specialty" MD on.
    Really want a warden...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I used a KAW Valley Linear Comp for my 10.5 prior to suppressing it. I liked the fact that it sent the fireball and sound directly down range. Cheaper than a flaming pig but does not increase back pressure.

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Kaw_...ear223-blk.htm
    Last edited by Slvr Surfr; 08-30-15 at 16:52.
    Life's a risk, enjoy the adventure - HOPLOETHOS

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slvr Surfr View Post
    I used a KAW Valley Linear Comp for my 10.5 prior to suppressing it. I liked the fact that it sent the fireball and sound directly down range. Cheaper than a flaming pig but does not increase back pressure.

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Kaw_...ear223-blk.htm
    That looks promising!
    Decent price too.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Other similar options:

I have not used any of those, so YMMV.

Troy Claymore

http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...lm-06bt-00.jpg

Levang Comp

http://www.brownells.com/userdocs/pr...31015022_1.jpg
    Life's a risk, enjoy the adventure - HOPLOETHOS

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AssGasOrBrass View Post
    I thought about going with a flaming pig or other flash can but decided not to because the weight and length. On another rifle I have a ferfrans brake with the CRD. Decided not to move this to my 10.5 because the brake alone is crazy loud and the CRD is heavy. It does work very well however if weight is not an issue for you.

On my SBR I have a VG6 Gamma, works well. Not too loud. Got a definite pop sound. I don't shoot often indoors. They have a concussion reducing device that goes over the Gamma. Unlike the ferfrans its low profile and light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The CRD is great. No issues with obnoxious side concussion and it performs like a good comp. Truth be told, I have no issues with running just the brake on my SBR, but I like the option the CRD affords. Not recommended if weight is paramount for your set-up, but I'm not bothered by it at all.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I used a A2 flash hider on my 10.3 for the longest time, but I was getting a little bit too much low light flash from my re-loads. I recently changed to a B.E. Meyers flash hider and have been very pleased with the results. Cons are the cost and its long. Pros are its performance is outstanding. I never noticed the noise or concussion being a problem with the A2 or the B.E Meyers.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    IF you decide to go with a break, I would be very very choosy. Anything that you would consider to be middle of the road concussion wise is going to make your ears and eyes bleed on a shorty. I have had really good luck with a Precision Armament EFAB on a 16 inch gun, but I haven't tried it on my short gun yet. Might be worth a look.

I have also used a KVP linear comp on an SBR and it's a great choice for unsuppressed.
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    My 10.5" is unsuppressed. I use a DD "extended/enhanced" A2. For me, I don't notice any difference in noise or flame. Even shooting at night, I never notice the fireballs. According to those around me, the concussion is teeth rattling. The fireballs are somewhat visible when looking from a distance but not bad.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast