Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I modified a Geissle trigger to offer 3 positions - safe, SSA, then S3G

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I'm getting barely over 3 lb on take up and just over 4.5 lb on break in the position 2 setting (SSA like) and I'm getting just over 3 lb on the position 3 setting (S3G like). Anyone have input on suggested pull and break weights? I'll play with those and the location of the wall before the break.

Here's video #2...

https://youtu.be/VW_mwvoVOtY

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hkbeltfed View Post
    Anyone have input on suggested pull and break weights? I'll play with those and the location of the wall before the break.
    Geissele lists them on their website
    SSA 1st stage 2.5 lbs, 2nd stage 2 lbs
    S3G 3.25 lbs

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Sorry, I meant if you had a 3 position trigger like this one, how would you want the weights? I'm not trying to replicate them specifically in terms of pull weights. Should I?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Personally, I'd go with the factory weight settings. I think they work great as-is.

Feedback Score
    Oh I want this.
    I can keep my current BAD lever, right?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    DO WANT. Great work!

If you wouldn't mind, can somebody please send me an IM with the link to Geissele discussing this?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I'm getting barely over 3 lb on take up and just over 4.5 lb on break in the position 2 setting (SSA like) and I'm getting just over 3 lb on the position 3 setting (S3G like). Anyone have input on suggested pull and break weights? I'll play with those and the location of the wall before the break.
    My preference would be a two-stage with a final break around 4lbs (in between SSA and SSA-E) and a 3-gun trigger with a pull around 5lbs, because I like the extra trigger spring pressure to help with fast resets. I'm not sure if it's possible to have the 3-gun setting be heavier than the total weight of the two stage - I would think that the first stage of the two-stage is going to be the same weight as the only stage of the 3-gun setting. Too light on the 3-gun setting reduces its effectiveness, at least in my experience with the SD3.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    I'm not sure if it's possible to have the 3-gun setting be heavier than the total weight of the two stage.
    Me neither. Although it can be the same as the total weight of the 2 stage. That's somewhat similar to the SSF now.

I would think that the first stage of the two-stage is going to be the same weight as the only stage of the 3-gun setting.
    That's how mine is as seen in one of the videos.

Here's video #3...

https://youtu.be/DPQtwILw5V8

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    My preference would be a two-stage with a final break around 4lbs (in between SSA and SSA-E) and a 3-gun trigger with a pull around 5lbs, because I like the extra trigger spring pressure to help with fast resets. I'm not sure if it's possible to have the 3-gun setting be heavier than the total weight of the two stage - I would think that the first stage of the two-stage is going to be the same weight as the only stage of the 3-gun setting. Too light on the 3-gun setting reduces its effectiveness, at least in my experience with the SD3.
    Yeah, I agree.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Sorry, I meant if you had a 3 position trigger like this one, how would you want the weights? I'm not trying to replicate them specifically in terms of pull weights. Should I?
    Safe - No go
    Semi (SSA-E) - first stage 2 lb, second stage 2.5 lb (total 4.5 lb)
    Auto (S3G) - 2.5lb
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast