Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: M&P vs CZ

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by riverjoe85 View Post
    I'm taking it out tomorrow with some hotter ammo.
    Worthwhile. I've shot something close to 25k of Freedom, both 115 and 124, new and reman, since 2013, and I think they've gotten too spotty in the last year in terms of many factors, including chamber pressures. Using GunBot, it's been little effort to instead nab S&B, Magtech, Aguila, and even Speer Lawman (from time to time) for the same delivered price. Or, near enough that the far better consistency gained is worth it.

Had recent occasion within a FB group to read some of Mike Pannone's experiences, which included his thoughts that the P-07 is oversprung; understandable, if they're using the same RSA for both -07 and -09. Point being, he'd said that he went ahead and cut 4-5 coils off of his RSAs, making the slide easier to manipulate and generally make for better handling characteristics. I figured it was worth a shot, and cut 3 coils off of the RSA on my older -07 (Jan 2013 make, before CZ altered the frames with better polymer and changeable backstraps, fwd slide serrations, etc.).

I liked the results, and the thing didn't choke after being fed 100 rounds ea. of 4 different brands/types of ammo. However, I admittedly made a butcher's job of it; an ugly cut on the spring, to the point that I could see increased wear to the spring itself and perhaps wherever that cut might rub. Flat springs have those tighter coils on each end for a reason, dammit. Enough of a mental hangnail to me that I'm gonna go with uncaptured and a particular weight, or what Clint suggested.

BTW, Clint, thanks for providing the actual weight of the stock -07 spring. I've been girding my loins to try and dig that up, so I knew what NOT to get...now my forehead won't get that mark on it from being beaten against a wall.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    I own both. The M&P are lighter and working on the trigger is easier. I have my M&Ps at 4lb of pull and my CZs at 4.5lb. The CZs take maybe two hours, the M&P half an hour.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345