Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: M&P vs CZ

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I've shot M&P's for years and am currently committing to the P-09 and will eventually get a P-07.

To me, the CZ is seemingly a higher-quality, better built gun. CZ ergos rival the M&P. It is easier to reload, and most importantly, I can't do anything to make it auto-forward. With all of my M&P's I could breathe on them and the slide would go forward. Except when they didn't. And more than once, they failed to pick up a round in the process. The CZ is also inherently more accurate than the M&P, at least in 9mm.

Downsides are the DA/SA—if you go that route, which I have—and the fact that there is less slide to work with because it rides inside the frame. The lack of aftermarket support is also a problem. I will likely replace the stock sights as soon as I get around to it, but I'll have to pick something other than the Trijicon HD's that I'm used to. There's a few other quirks I'm going to have to work around, but overall I think I'll be happier with the CZ.
    “All falsehood is a mask, and however well made the mask may be, with a little attention we may always distinguish it from the true face.”

State of Franklin Training Group

Feedback Score
    I've got both, and will keep both for different purposes.

I have 2 M&P9fs, both with apex parts, and a shield that is stock. I also have the older duty version of the P-07. But I have the one with the slightly extended barrel, S/A only and with tritium night sights.

The P-07 is more accurate no doubt. My M&P's aren't bad though, the P-07 is just better. Right now I can shoot the M&P a bit better at speed than the P-07, but it's close.

The P-07 is my primary carry pistol, with the Shield seeing summer time use. But for HD, I like the larger frame of the M&P's. And I like having the Crimson trace grips on my HD M&P even more. For low light, it's a big positive.

To be perfectly honest, that's really the only reason I still have my M&P's. Otherwise I would have Glocks or a P-09 and the P-07.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I prefer the CZ, but I have never carried a pistol as part of my professional attire. It's safe to say that CZ's are not a typical standard issue weapon in this country, and I'm not certain that they would have a stellar record if adopted by a large agency. Despite the company hype, it's not clear to me just who, when, and where these pistols have been adopted in Europe or Asia. On our forum, I've noticed that first Glocks, then M&Ps, and now CZ's have been popular choices. We know the shortcomings of the first two, and we'll no doubt discover the came in the CZ line.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelsooner View Post
    Is there a way to eliminate the pre-travel in sa? I'm guessing aftermarket w/cgw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, talk to David a CGW, he will take care of you.

Feedback Score
    Perfect, thank you.
    After reading some other info, has anyone milled their slide to accommodate or accept other more commonly used sights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelsooner View Post
    Perfect, thank you.
    After reading some other info, has anyone milled their slide to accommodate or accept other more commonly used sights?
    It looks like CZCustom is offering factory milled uppers for the P-07.
    They're called "multi optic upper".
    http://czcustom.com/p07multiopticupper.aspx

ETA: they also show "carry optic ready" complete P-09 pistols.
    http://czcustom.com/CZP09CARRYOPTICREADY.aspx
    Last edited by Clint; 09-17-15 at 18:55.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The thing that would deter me on M&Ps, it seems Smith stopped selling spare parts as they are nowhere to be found anymore...

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    The thing that would deter me on M&Ps, it seems Smith stopped selling spare parts as they are nowhere to be found anymore...
    Could this be why several PDs are dumping the M&P?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    BOP just awarded S&W to finally ditch the Ruger P89's and Beretta 92's for the fullsize M&P 9's. Not sure how I feel about this.
    Professional Babysitter

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    CZ all the way. I bought a CZ75B Omega, liked it so much that I picked up SP-01, and am now looking at their poly guns. The M&P that I had a chance to play with seemed to shoot patterns more than groups. IMO - CZ75 and its variants are the best "wonder nines" made.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast