Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P vs CZ

Feedback Score
    My experience with the m&p trigger is that it's a non issue. It's not good, and doesn't feel good, but if you dry fire it should hold you back.

Mines a 2012, but maybe I got a good one.

That said, the cz with sao trigger is nice and I hear adding the comp hammer is just sickeningly nice.

Feedback Score
    Owned full sized M&P with the upgraded faster twist barrel. Good accuracy, decent trigger. Own a Shield, with APEX parts and a trigger job by Greg Derr that turned it into the best trigger on a striker fired gun I've ever used. That being said I've migrated over to CZs. I'd rate M&P ergonomics as excellent for my hands. The CZ 75 and SP-01... I'd write poetry about. They just fit so good. My Shadow, in SA is just about as good as any trigger I've tried and that's before sending it to CGW or diddling with springs. Take my experience with a grain of salt because I'm moving away from strikers and going toward more TDA and metal framed guns. That being said I'm lining up to get a P07 and P09.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    CZ makes nice guns that are accurate, reliable, feel good in the hand. The problem I have with them is how small their slides are, I prefer something with a little more girth, just not quite M9 fat.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have five CZ pistols including a dedicated Kadet .22lr pistol, and even a Kadet Kit conversion unit. I only have all steel, or alloy framed CZ's. They are made the old school way, and are quality pistols of good value. I do not have any CZ polymer, but they also seem well made from what I can tell from examining, and shooting friend's guns.

For me the M&P is not in the same league. I do think they are good shooters, and feel pretty good in the hand, but not near the feel of the metal CZ's. I carry an alloy framed PCR, but I also like the railed P-01. The full size all steel guns are also a pleasure to shoot with my pre-B, and 97B .45 being favorites.

Feedback Score
    Thank you all, great advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've owned a few of M&P's and just as many CZ's in the last decade, and would give the edge to CZ. I prefer the design of CZ's, and the overall shooting characteristics.

I also think the M&P grip is not very good. Irrespective of the backstrap it feels contoured in all the wrong places, which makes for a sloppy feeling grip when shooting in my hands.
    Last edited by SpecWired; 08-29-15 at 05:48.
    Listen. Tell. Run Like Hell.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I've shot a few glocks (19/23) over the years but never really cared for them except for the perfect size and capacity.

A few years ago I purchased an M&P 9c, as the full size is just too big for my needs and the M&P is the 'merican version of the glock.

Mine has the newer factory machined sear, "H" trigger bar and bumped slide stop. The internals have been fully polished.

The thing now has a excellent trigger for a striker, shoots very softly, eats most any ammo and ejects pretty consistently.

It's simple, easy to use and feels pretty good in the hands.

The one glaring issue has been the inconsistent accuracy that seems to be a combination of barrel/slide fit, recoil spring strength and striker trigger "snap".

That, and the whole issue of striker safety for AIWB use, had me looking for alternatives.

Enter the CZ P07.

TBC...
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    I loved my old 9c, it was a great pistol just not the right size for CC....accurate & reliable.

Now I own the CZ p-09 which inside and out is as high quality as the M&P or any other plastic pistol I've owned. I can take my 09 and shoot it as well as I can shoot my friends M&P pro.

I like the 09 almost as much as my 75, and would really like a CORE. I hope one day to add a 40 cal P-07 to the collection just because I don't have a 40, and would really love a CZ that was somewhat smaller for carry. However.com for now I'll continue to carry my Shield because it's not as thick as a brick.
    The Jeep is Family

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I played with a 2014 production P07 for a few months last year. The trigger was not good (heavy da with a long break, lot of pretravel in sa), I didn't care for the stock sights either. But that thing was accurate as all get out; shit the best 25 yd 10 rd group I've ever shot with a pistol. I hated the size of the decocker, it would tear my thumb up when using it. Carried similarly to a flock 19.

I ended up getting rid of it in favor of the m&p's. Support, cheaper mags, etc were a big part of my decision.

Feedback Score
    Is there a way to eliminate the pre-travel in sa? I'm guessing aftermarket w/cgw?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast