Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Different pistol grip technique

Feedback Score
    My concern would be less control and steering as a previous poster observed versus all the fingers on the front of the grip. There are very few competitors who even put their support index finger around the front of the trigger guard these days. Biggest exception to this is Angus Hobdell of CZ fame. Even though he shoots this way, he tells his students NOT to shoot like him. Not that I know every top USPSA shooter, but I can't think of one who points his finger like you describe.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay34 View Post
    My concern would be less control and steering as a previous poster observed versus all the fingers on the front of the grip. There are very few competitors who even put their support index finger around the front of the trigger guard these days. Biggest exception to this is Angus Hobdell of CZ fame. Even though he shoots this way, he tells his students NOT to shoot like him. Not that I know every top USPSA shooter, but I can't think of one who points his finger like you describe.
    Yeah, I didn't think driving the gun was the reasoning behind it.

If you've watched the average shooter who used the finger around the front of the trigger guard technique, most of the time their finger comes loose on recoil, they learned from seeing pictures of guys doing it, or were taught by someone who didn't explain the purpose and technique.

I'm wondering if this isn't some compromise, we didn't think it all the way through, technique for use with WML's?

I was befuddled, because I could see absolutely no added utility. The idea that it allows the shooter to get the meat of his hand higher up on the frame for recoil control was the only thing I could see, and that was a stretch.

Any chance, since purportedly it came from the Army and/or FLETC, that it is an alternate grip to aid folks with shorter or weaker fingers in the DA pull by using two fingers?

I'm grasping at straws here, guys.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 08-29-15 at 18:23.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12