Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is the Beretta M9A3?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Where is the Beretta M9A3?

So seriously, is this pistol going to happen or not? Considering we are now hitting Q4 2015 and I'm still waiting. I sincerely hope that the Army rejecting it didn't mean Beretta decided to scrap the whole thing.

I want another 92, but it needs to meet the following criteria.

Rail
    Dovetailed sights
    Beveled mag well
    Checkered frame
    Decock only
    Not cost $1000 (ideally under $700)

I'm almost at the point where I'm gonna buy a 92G and M9A1 and put them together. Then I'd sell the M9A1 slide and regular 92G frame as a normal 92FS. This would almost be perfect if it weren't for that infernal front sight.

Anyway, back on topic, anyone know anything about this happening?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    There are teams within USASOC currently running the A3. Give it time, it will make it to the civilian market before long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm just wondering when they're going to go back to the frame-mounted safety/decocking lever. I mean, the hole's already there, isn't it?
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Where are seeing street price at $700 on this? Sorry, but MRSP from what I have seen and read is going like $1300 at least so I wouldn't see street less than a $1K. If street going to be sub $800 please let me know, it will stop me from grabbing a M9A1 or FS92A1 around $600 in the next couple months.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Where are seeing street price at $700 on this? Sorry, but MRSP from what I have seen and read is going like $1300 at least so I wouldn't see street less than a $1K. If street going to be sub $800 please let me know, it will stop me from grabbing a M9A1 or FS92A1 around $600 in the next couple months.
    According to Beretta's press release/website, they were planning to offer this cheaper than M9 ( http://www.beretta.com/en-us/beretta...nt-of-defense/ ). See last sentence 3rd para. If now substantially more, color me uninterested.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    That's good news some are in use currently. And yeah I heard this was supposed to be the same price as an M9A1. If it comes out at the same price or more than a 92GSD, well that's a deal breaker.

Honestly there is no reason why a GSD should cost more than a regular 92 series other than the added cost of night sights, but that's for another thread.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brushy bill View Post
    According to Beretta's press release/website, they were planning to offer this cheaper than M9 ( http://www.beretta.com/en-us/beretta...nt-of-defense/ ). See last sentence 3rd para. If now substantially more, color me uninterested.
    That is, as I read it, circa December 2014, the cost to the DOD. Us mere mortal I can only assume. Again going by my readings and the gun rag articles MSRP is supposed to be like $1300-1400, again from what I am reading, and seen. If their street price, forget MSRP, is at like $700 I would be quite interested. And yes, I agree, that there is little reason, as far as manufacturing goes, that a 92G-SD should be $1200, but as has been stated in other threads it is what the market will carry them at. If the 92G-SD or a similar model were $650-700 I would dump glock totally except as a reference and because mags are stupid cheap.available, and go to that as my GP pistol.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    I have a 92FS, and although I like the pistol very much, I could not see me paying a grand for another one...even with all the upgrades.
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    That is, as I read it, circa December 2014, the cost to the DOD. Us mere mortal I can only assume. Again going by my readings and the gun rag articles MSRP is supposed to be like $1300-1400, again from what I am reading, and seen. If their street price, forget MSRP, is at like $700 I would be quite interested. And yes, I agree, that there is little reason, as far as manufacturing goes, that a 92G-SD should be $1200, but as has been stated in other threads it is what the market will carry them at. If the 92G-SD or a similar model were $650-700 I would dump glock totally except as a reference and because mags are stupid cheap.available, and go to that as my GP pistol.
    I don't think the market actually bears the price of the GSD. Tons of places have this "limited" model sitting on the shelves due to the high price. The only people who are willing to pay that much are collectors it seems. And if Beretta continues to do stupid shit with pricing and options I'll just build my hybrid I talked about in my original post. That will cost me less than $750 once I sell the two halves I don't need, and I can live with the fixed front sight. It can always be drilled for a fiber optic or tritium insert.

I already have a Beretta 92 that cost me almost $2k, I don't need another.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBecker 72 View Post
    I don't think the market actually bears the price of the GSD. Tons of places have this "limited" model sitting on the shelves due to the high price. The only people who are willing to pay that much are collectors it seems. And if Beretta continues to do stupid shit with pricing and options I'll just build my hybrid I talked about in my original post. That will cost me less than $750 once I sell the two halves I don't need, and I can live with the fixed front sight. It can always be drilled for a fiber optic or tritium insert.

I already have a Beretta 92 that cost me almost $2k, I don't need another.
    I agree, but again, that seems to be the price they running at currently and people do seem to be buying them, if a bit slowly. If they were $750 for a 92G-SD I would have one, if not two. I honestly am at the point these days, that I could care less about manufacturer or action, I want what the hell I shoot best, and Berettas shoot very well for me, just make a practical ****ing handgun that doesn't cost more than my ****ing TRP!!!!!
    Personally, if I could find a shop that does tritium inserts at a good price I would just grab the M9A1 I am looking at, swap out a few parts for metal parts, a D spring and just run that with an X300U in a safariland holster until I decided that I was shooting at a level that justified a better/more modded gun, or wore the thing out. The safety/decocker doesn't bother me as much as some, and while a decocker would be preferred, I can live with the safety. Have thought about buying the two and swapping slides, but..... I personally would just end up with two franken pistols. Sorry I know how the hell I am.

What the hell 92 cost you 2k? I hope it was something special, or at least came with hookers, plural. Lol.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast