Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MagGuts

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

MagGuts

Has anyone used the MagGuts spring kit in their small single stack enough to judge reliability? Being able to fit an extra round is very appealing, but I don't want to jeopardize reliability.
    Join Gun Owners of America Here

Fear causes hesitation and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true. - The Bodasafa

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
    Has anyone used the MagGuts spring kit in their small single stack enough to judge reliability? Being able to fit an extra round is very appealing, but I don't want to jeopardize reliability.

I have about 500 rounds mostly FMJ, Freedom Munitions, and Wolf, half a box of Federal Hydroshock HP through my glock 42 mag with magguts setup. So far, zero malfunctions. Every gun is different, so make sure you test it thoroughly before carrying, but so far so good for me.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IOwnAGun View Post
    I have about 500 rounds mostly FMJ, Freedom Munitions, and Wolf, half a box of Federal Hydroshock HP through my glock 42 mag with magguts setup. So far, zero malfunctions. Every gun is different, so make sure you test it thoroughly before carrying, but so far so good for me.
    Good to know. Thanks for the reply.

I believe I will order some and test them out. I have been putting a lot of rounds through the Shield as I have been transitioning to it as my primary carry weapon. Any problems should present themselves in the first couple of weeks.
    Last edited by Brimstone; 08-31-15 at 13:45.
    Join Gun Owners of America Here

Fear causes hesitation and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true. - The Bodasafa

Feedback Score
    I had 10 of the Magguts kits for my two G42s. I had persistent premature lockback issues on the first gun even after a trip back to GA. About a 2-3% stoppage rate. Also had the same stoppages on the second G42 at about the same rate. This was with a variety of brass cased factory ball. The second G42 just came back from GA and I have not been out with it yet. Bottom line, I cannot state that the magguts kits had any impact on reliability, good or bad, due to the two G42s being so full of fail. If I can get the newer one to run 100% (minimum 2000 rounds with zero stoppages of any kind) with the OEM mags I will try the magguts kits again to see how they perform. I have G43 inbound and plan on trying magguts kits once the pistol can prove itself. This has been frustrating for me after owning a Gen 2 G19 that went well over 10K rounds with zero stoppages.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Our are Glock LE rep has been running 2 g42 mags with the first gen magguts innards for about 1500 rounds with no issues at all. Bought some for my wife's 42. No issues in the first few hundred rounds to report.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I don't think it worth messing with OEM mags to gain 1 round.

YMMV.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post

YMMV.
    This......I don't bet my life on my amateur modifications.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Lounging around in the 1911 world most of my life, I agree. Most 1911 mags and "kits" that add one round without increasing tube length are the most likely to fail. I would wager that most OEM semi-auto manufacturers push capacity to the bleeding edge because thats what folks want... capacity.

YMMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    This......I don't bet my life on my amateur modifications.
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score

YMMV.
    Unless you test them and they work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BBossman View Post
    Lounging around in the 1911 world most of my life, I agree. Most 1911 mags and "kits" that add one round without increasing tube length are the most likely to fail. I would wager that most OEM semi-auto manufacturers push capacity to the bleeding edge because thats what folks want... capacity.
    These aren't 1911's we are talking about. 1911 are inherently unreliable. The magguts work. Plain and simple.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast