Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LEA's left and right seem to be ditching the M&P...what for?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I still prefer my VP9
    The new and improved "Glock killer".

Feedback Score
    Is it me or does this reek of glock trolling....

Either way I could give two algores who drops the M&P, just like that silly AR chart everyone used to harp on it's BS.

I've only had 2 M&Ps both were dead solid perfect for thousands of rounds. My shield keeps on ticking at around 5k now...not 25k I know, but for 360 bucks it's hard to argue with.

As for real pistols I'd dumped the striker junk and moved to Sig and CZ.
    The Jeep is Family

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    FWIW...HPD has never used the M&P. They used S&W 5906s replaced with G17GEN4s. Its the 5906s that are being destroyed, to include around 200 NIB never issued. I didn't notice the model number in the article but can assure you its not M&Ps.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...lice-firearms/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honolu...t#Duty_Weapons
    Last edited by cathellsk; 09-01-15 at 07:56.
    "When you go home, Tell them of us and say, For your tomorrow, We gave our today."

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    From what I just heard is that they are replacing the M&Ps with Glocks and slating the M&Ps for destruction. Not sale, up and destroying them.
    Who is doing that?
    HIPPIES SMELL

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedreaux View Post
    Who is doing that?
    Honoluau pd from what i read. There is a thread on it somewhere.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The TXDPS fiasco with the M&P was nonsense. They repeatedly claimed that they found "movement of several microns" in their pistols or some such idiocy.

I doubt there's anyone working for TXDPS that has the mental ability to measure in microns, even if they did have the equipment.

0.00003937007874015748--That's the conversion of a micron to an inch.
    HIPPIES SMELL

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    The new and improved "Glock killer".
    Never been a Glock fan so not that difficult to achieve for me.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Well, it must be something. It seems at my agency that any kind of large policy or equipment change is resisted at all costs.
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I just learned from a buddy that Honolulu PD is replacing all of its M&Ps. A quick Google search shows many other large departments are or have followed suit (Texas DPS, for example) What's wrong with them? These things were touted as the next big thing (a "Glock Killer" ) when they were introduced but somehow they have failed to live up to the hype.

I was already heavily invested in Glocks, so I have limited experience with them and I am looking for insight. Regardless about your personal, potentially biased views on the M&P the facts are that several large departments have tossed the M&P after putting it into service for only a few short years. How can the bean counters justify that expense of taxpayer money without good cause?

Are LEA's just out blowing money needlessly playing with the newest toys they can find or are there serious shortcomings?
    I wasn't aware it was such a trend. ATL PD also changed M&P to Glock, last year or so ago. It got covered pretty well on some forums. Issues and then company support was a thing.

But it seems to me about 4-5 years ago roundabouts, on this forum we were assured the M&P was going to eat up VAST swaths of Glock LE market share. Didn't pan out.

"You wanna be the champ, you gotta beat the champ."

Now the 320 or the VP9 are going to do the same thing. Maybe one of them will. The 320 is probably poised to do so more than the HK what with armorer support complexities of the more complex design et al. Maybe SOCOM is about to leave the Glock en masse too. Or maybe they already have!
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Nah. Glock has been brilliant in their marketing. They've become so entrenched in the law enforcement landscape that it represents an almost insurmountable lead over any newcomers despite the fact that all of those challengers are probably better firearms. A triumph of marketing over quality.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast